HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:50:11 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 19, 2018  (Read 5547 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 20, 2018, 01:28:02 PM »

Let’s see how this goes this week...

ComiXology
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #70
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #71
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #72
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #73
Thief of Thieves 38
Thief of Thieves 39
Wicked + Divine 37
X-O Manowar 16
X-O Manowar 17

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men: Red 2
Jessica Jones 17
Lockjaw 1
Thanos 16
Rogue & Gambit 3
Black Bolt 11
Hawkeye 16
Infinity Countdown 1
Avengers 683
Spider-Man 238

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 04:20:49 PM »

Got back from the shop about an hour ago after rushing home to read MM#11 and forgot all about checking to see if there were any Black Hammer related stuff hitting. Damn it.
 Angry
However, my mood was uplifted greatly after seeing Darkseid
double dip a freaking carrot stick into ranch dressing
  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Mister Miracle #11 - A great, fun, heartfelt, sad read. This is gonna finish and I am going to be so damn sad.
Batman #55 - Well now, THAT happened  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Justice League #8 - Yeah, whatever. Lex did that to you know who and blah, blah, blah. Still not into this idea yet.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 10:07:49 AM »

Making a rare "One issue" special post  Grin

Soooo, hows about that Batman DC Black Label (Black Label is like DC MAX)

First of all the size is massive. Almost magazine size, but just a little shorter, and that actually makes it seem wider than a magazine due to that.
Secondly, although it seems not in the digital format, if you were always wondering what Batman's Bat-Thing looked like, well here is you answer.  Roll Eyes And the Bat-Pole, Bat-Wang or Bruce Wang (as some are calling it ... Bruce Wang is my personal favorite  Cheesy) shows up in more than one or two panels. The damn thing is all over this one section of the comic/mag. Not trying to be prudish, hardly my style, and I know that this is for adults, but did we really need that? DC is covering it for digital releases, but if you want to see it, for some reason, buy the book or search online of course (though I hope you buy the book to support the Black Label imprint. You can even use that as the excuse for buying it. And yes,
Bat-Might is circumcised ... GOTCHA!!!!
Cheesy
Anyway, with that said, the art is beautiful, but of course it would be with Bermejo and the story is pretty wild. I was waaay too tired when I read it, so I am going to give it another read this morning before returning it (one last peek?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy) but I did read and enjoy the first half that I read while I was still awake. Heck, I'm not even sure if there were text boxes in the later part with Bruce and dick being everywhere.
 Grin

Batman: Damned #1 - If for nothing else, Berjemo's art makes this a must read.

Mister Miracle #11
Batman #55
Justice League #8

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 12:14:17 AM »

ComiXology
- 73 was another Molly & Poo issue.  I don't read those.  I'm sure they are good but my attention span isn't long enough to make through these tome's.   Smiley

Thief of Thieves 38
Thief of Thieves 39
Wicked + Divine 37
X-O Manowar 16
X-O Manowar 17

Marvel Unlimited
Jessica Jones 17
Lockjaw 1
Thanos 16
Rogue & Gambit 3
Black Bolt 11
Hawkeye 16
Infinity Countdown 1
Avengers 683
Spider-Man 238

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 02:49:11 AM »

Got a few more done...

ComiXology
Thief of Thieves 38
Thief of Thieves 39
Wicked + Divine 37
- I almost complained about the 10 blank pages but then the ending made up for it.
X-O Manowar 16
X-O Manowar 17

Marvel Unlimited
Jessica Jones 17
Lockjaw 1
Thanos 16
Rogue & Gambit 3
Black Bolt 11
Hawkeye 16
Infinity Countdown 1
Avengers 683
Spider-Man 238

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:52:21 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 11:12:59 AM »

Amazing Spider-Man (current) #1
Amazing Spider-Man #2
Amazing Spider-Man #3
Amazing Spider-Man #4
Amazing Spider-Man #5
- Talked about this in Amazing thread
Avengers #2 - I can't seem to enjoy McGuiness' art with Aaron's writing. The two just don't gel together.
Immortal Hulk #6 - guest art aside, another okay issue. Big fight a'coming next issue it seems
Infinity War: Soldier Supreme #1 - Cap with the powers of Dr. Strange? Ha, oh yeah!!!

Black Hammer: Age of Doom #5 - More explanation for the ending of issue #4 than anything. Not sure where it is going to go next, and I'm perfectly fine with that.
 Grin

Batman: Damned #1
Mister Miracle #11
Batman #55
Justice League #8

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 01:03:34 AM »

Finally got through the ComiXology stuff.  Still need to get through the Marvel stuff.  Might be able to do that but we will see....

ComiXology
Thief of Thieves 38
Thief of Thieves 39
Wicked + Divine 37
X-O Manowar 16
X-O Manowar 17

Marvel Unlimited
Jessica Jones 17
Lockjaw 1
Thanos 16
Rogue & Gambit 3
Black Bolt 11
Hawkeye 16
Infinity Countdown 1
Avengers 683
Spider-Man 238

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 01:08:30 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »

Now that I have stopped laughing about the "D-- Pic" I just sent Jeff  Grin Grin I can add a couple more to my list:

Avengers #3
Avengers #4
Avengers #5
Avengers #6
- All I can say after reading these issues, I can not wait for Aaron's Conan comic. His caped stuff is fine, certainly, but when he goes to the more natural side of our anger and hate, down to the core, he just excels. Thor fits his style, so does Wolverine, mostly, but the normal human stuff? Even mo' better. I look forward to seeing his version of the great barbarian. Talk about a match made in heaven. Best thing is, unlike Avengers, he will have an artist that fits his style. I like Mcguinness just fine, but his style is better suited for other writers not named Aaron.

Amazing Spider-Man (current) #1
Amazing Spider-Man #2
Amazing Spider-Man #3
Amazing Spider-Man #4
Amazing Spider-Man #5

Avengers #2
Immortal Hulk #6
Infinity War: Soldier Supreme #1

Black Hammer: Age of Doom #5

Batman: Damned #1
Mister Miracle #11
Batman #55
Justice League #8

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »

Now that I have stopped laughing about the "D-- Pic" I just sent Jeff  Grin Grin I can add a couple more to my list:

😳

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 10:06:42 PM »

😳

I see my stunned smiley didn't come through.  But if you had seen those pics you'd be discombobulate too!!

If you want to see it just pick up Avengers #5.  It's creepy!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 01:12:16 AM »

ComiXology
Thief of Thieves 38
Thief of Thieves 39
Wicked + Divine 37
X-O Manowar 16
X-O Manowar 17

Marvel Unlimited
Jessica Jones 17
Lockjaw 1
Thanos 16

Rogue & Gambit 3
Black Bolt 11
Hawkeye 16
Infinity Countdown 1
Avengers 683
Spider-Man 238

Still working on finishing these tonight but I had to stop after reading Thanos 16 to say....AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 02:47:40 AM »

ComiXology
Thief of Thieves 38
Thief of Thieves 39
Wicked + Divine 37
X-O Manowar 16
X-O Manowar 17

Marvel Unlimited
Jessica Jones 17
Lockjaw 1
Thanos 16
Rogue & Gambit 3
Black Bolt 11
Hawkeye 16
Infinity Countdown 1

Avengers 683
Spider-Man 238

Got 4 more done.  Going to try to get the last two done before bed time.

Infinity Countdown 1 was a lot of fun.  I really like the art.  I hope the whole event stays this enjoyable.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS