HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:33:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 12, 2018  (Read 3883 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 12, 2018, 03:07:56 AM »

Doesn’t it seem like just yesterday we were battening down the hatches for Y2K?  And now 2018 is almost over.  Crazy.

ComiXology
Ninja-k 8
Ninja-k 9
Oblivion Song 5
Redneck 13
Saga 53
Saga 54
Sex Criminals 25
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #70
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #71
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #72
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #73
Thief of Thieves 38
Thief of Thieves 39
Wicked + Divine 37
X-O Manowar 16
X-O Manowar 17

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men: Red 1
X-Men: Red 2
Jessica Jones 17
Lockjaw 1
Thanks 16
Rogue & Gambit 3
Black Bolt 11
Hawkeye 16
Infinity Countdown 1
Avengers 683
Spider-Man 238

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 04:50:25 AM »

ComiXology
Ninja-k 8
Ninja-k 9
Oblivion Song 5
Redneck 13
Saga 53
Saga 54
Sex Criminals 25

Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #70
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #71
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #72
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #73
Thief of Thieves 38
Thief of Thieves 39
Wicked + Divine 37
X-O Manowar 16
X-O Manowar 17

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men: Red 1
X-Men: Red 2
Jessica Jones 17
Lockjaw 1
Thanks 16
Rogue & Gambit 3
Black Bolt 11
Hawkeye 16
Infinity Countdown 1
Avengers 683
Spider-Man 238

Too tired to write anything right now.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »

Batman #54
Batman Lil Gotham freebie
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »

Man, it is just getting worse for me ...

Not a lot of good.

I may walk from the new comic scene for awhile (may even make it a week this time  Cheesy Cheesy ...  Undecided) as I am not getting wowed by much right now. I have way too many things to read (that I have never tried) and way too many things to catch up on to keep reading things that are not bowling me over right now. It seems that I am getting further and further into the week before I even try to go to the LCS anymore. I remember when I used to be at the door a half-hour prior to opening so I could talk and check out stuff, now it seems like I don't even bother going on Wednesday at all. Need to step back from most things I think.

Still not just the Big Two this time either. First of all I have been not reading most Marvel as I am trying to wait the 6 months for the MU to catch up, but I have been totally let down by stuff like Valiant with the last few issues I have read, Harbinger Wars II series and the last two issues of Bloodshot specifically, not to mention Ninjak being a little less fun with the art lately. 

Anywho, we shall see what the immediate future brings, but so far I did get through -

Astonishing X-Men #15 - Think I will just wait until the Uncanny weekly series starts in a few weeks.

Batman #52
Batman #53
Batman #54
- The trail in 51-53 was fun and so was the fill-in story in issue 54. Good stuff.
Detective Comics #988 - Decided to try Robinson's short arc here. I think he's got six. I'm done after one.
House of Whispers #1 - I was afraid I wasn't gonna be overly thrilled with this, I was right. It's okay, but ...
Justice League Dark #2 - Here for the characters. Pretty good so far I think
Justice League #7 - Better than this confusing, overworked story. Just too out there. It is like a different universe.
Red Hood #26 - Yep. I'm over it.

Ninjak #9
Ninjak #10
- Just "Okay". Art work ... it was nice to see Strohman again, but ... I don't know. Just not grabbing me
Cemetary Beach #1 - An Ellis mini that feels kinda ... bland. I hate to say that, but I wasn't blown away like usual with his first issues so that in and of itself means something I think

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 11:52:05 PM »

Forgot all about

Fantastic Four #2 - I am just not into this iteration. I am hoping that once they all get back together, get the band back together as it where, my option will change. I want it to. I hope it does

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 03:32:50 PM »

Okay, felt a little better about things since I poster that last, meds must be fighting me or something  Wink
Knocked out a couple more and although none of them really kicked me into saying "that was great", I didn't leave feeling frustrated, so that is a good thing I guess.
 Grin

Hawkman #3
Hawkman #4
- Almost didn't read this as I was worried I was still too moody. Glad I did. Getting better each issue.
Michael Cray #11 - Art is still a little ... off, but I look forward to the last issue next month. Enjoyed this.

Judge Dredd: Under Siege #1
Judge Dredd: Under Siege #2
Judge Dredd: Under Siege #3
- Been a long time since I tried 2000AD's biggest hero draw. Enjoyed this greatly.
X-O Manowar #17
X-O Manowar #18
- Although I am still worried about Valiant's future (and my future with them) I had fun with this latest arc. I hope X-O doesn't change too badly with the new management in place.

Astonishing X-Men #15
Fantastic Four #2

Batman #52
Batman #53
Batman #54

Detective Comics #988
House of Whispers #1
Justice League Dark #2
Justice League #7
Red Hood #26

Ninjak #9
Ninjak #10

Cemetary Beach #1

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 10:47:28 PM »

I went to California with my new company this week.  I thought I’d have plenty of time to read but not so.  These people really like to drink.  I’m getting too old for this!  😂

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS