HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:31:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Herorealm Football League 2018  (Read 11740 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 06, 2018, 09:55:54 PM »

So never again will I schedule the draft the day before Labor Day.  Only one person showed up and everybody else (myself included) got Auto-drafted.  This should be an interesting season!

And of course, as always, my first match-up is against Captain Hindsight!  I wonder if I can break the streak and finally win opening day!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 01:42:10 AM »

They gave my auto draft a score of a B. Yay! I was at Metallica at the time, so no, no drafting for me!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:50:46 PM »

And I suspect NovaForce's amazing ride to 2nd place is about be over now that I'm facing the Ripsnorters!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 10:05:41 PM »

Man, has my scoring dried up in every league I'm in.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 12:18:37 AM »

Man, has my scoring dried up in every league I'm in.

I got some lucky pickups off the waiver’s this week.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 09:59:44 AM »

I'm going to get a loss in my money league this week because I forgot all about the early game in England and didn't know/hear Gordon was out until I was about 5 minutes into watching my Redzone when they mentioned it.
Down by 9 and he has Barkley and I have Julio. I'm going to lose because I forgot the early game and missed watching the pregame shows ... which would have given me vital information, all because I was planting new grass seed.

NEW F'n GRASS SEED 
 Angry Angry Angry

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 04:53:26 PM »

Possibly one game from playing each other for the championship, Jeff!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 06:39:08 PM »

Possibly one game from playing each other for the championship, Jeff!

Yes indeed Jimmy!  Good luck to you.  I know Captain Hindsight is always tough competition in the playoffs!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 04:06:11 AM »

Wow.  First place almost all season with only 2 losses.  And I’m knocked out the first week of our playoffs.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 05:05:38 AM »

Wowza! I'm going to the championship!

I should let it autodraft each year then just be furious with pick ups and drops Week 1. Maybe tank the first game too just to have highest claim. Wink

Sorry to see that Jeff!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 03:01:29 PM »

Well it is nice seeing two players who are very active but haven’t been to the championship get there. So no complaints here.  Good luck next weekend!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 03:31:46 AM »

Last week of this years season.  Good luck to both teams in their first Championship!!!!

Championship Game - Owen Sixteen vs Ripsnorters (our own Jimmy T)

Battle for Third Place - Novaforce (Champ 2010, 2013) vs Captain Hindsight (Champ 2015, 2017) - Rematch of 2015 Championship
Battle for Fifth Place - Earth 99 St Louis Rams (Champ 2016) vs Pantheon Hulks - Rematch of 2016 Championship
Battle for Seventh Place - Wannabees vs Short Bus Ryderz

9th Place - Sunnydale Scoobies
Dead Last (10th Place) - The Toxins

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 02:01:56 PM »

Man I have lots of guys on teams with nothing to play for or possibly getting rested. Don't feel good about the game today!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »

Man I have lots of guys on teams with nothing to play for or possibly getting rested. Don't feel good about the game today!

I’ve been thinking about that. It’s too late now of course, but maybe next year we move the championship back to week 16 to avoid the problem of teams resting players.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 08:36:14 PM »

I’ve been thinking about that. It’s too late now of course, but maybe next year we move the championship back to week 16 to avoid the problem of teams resting players.

Certainly not telling you guys how to work your league, but we do ours with 13 regular games and then 2 playoff games (including the championship). That ends our season at NFL week 15 when everyone is still guaranteed to start if they are healthy. No 'playoff layoffs'.
If you can work that out, with the amount of teams you have, even if you don't play everyone an equal amount of games, it works so much better.
We have a 12 team league with two divisions. We play everyone in each or our own division twice (10 games) and then we play 3 games competing against the other division ... based on how they finished last year ... for a total of 13 games a season. Two teams from each division makes the playoffs, winners play for championship, losers play for 3rd place. We have just started having a "just missed the playoffs" game for $100 with one team from each division that ... well ... just missed the playoffs.  Cheesy

If you have ten team league works even better as you can play your division twice (8 games) and then everyone in the other division once (for a total of 13 games). That is the way we did it before we expanded to 12 team league a few years back

Oh and I won it this year (Without Leveon Bell I may add) !!!!  Shocked Grin Undecided
That's twice in a row.
Now I need to hit the elusive "3 time champ" that no-one has been able to hit!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS