HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:17:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2018  (Read 24673 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2019, 03:43:06 AM »

Congrats Wringer!

I’ve decided now that the only way Dallas, Pittsburgh, or Green Bay are going to win a Super Bowl is to hire Bill Belicheck away from the Patriots.

I knew the game was over when they won the OT coin toss.

I’m going to go ahead and call it.

Pats beat Rams in the Super Bowl.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2019, 10:04:08 AM »

Congrats Wringer!

Yep, congrats.

Damn it

Grin

Was hoping that Chiefs D would step up in the Playoffs or get lucky enough to hold off the Pats, but didn't happen.

That being said ... What do you think the NFL needs/will do about the horrible officiating from the last few years? With this year being the absolute worst I have ever seen, I still can't believe the two horrendous calls yesterday. One of which had no outcome on the game, really (the bullshit "Roughing the passer" call for precious Tom Brady), while the other did exactly what calls are never suppose to do and took a win from a team (That ludicrous NO interference call on the Rams). Do you think they will hire more people so they can hopefully discuss the calls or no calls, or something with a replay challenge for the coach when calls are missed? I mean something needs to be done. I know "bad calls" are part of the game, but the calls they are missing are ones that should never be missed ... or made (like the bullshit pass interference that the Steelers got in week 16!!!!!!!)
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2019, 01:23:34 PM »

Well, and one of the retired refs said on the game cast (re: Brady's head hit), "if you don't actually see it, you shouldn't call it". So, that back judge saw the arm come down, and Brady's head move some-ish. I won't fault that judge that much, because, hey, I could not call these games the way they do. I'm just suprised someone else, watching for holds on the line, didn't see this non-hit and run over and say "it's incidental, not flag worthy."

But to have all eyes miss the only ACTIVE PART OF THE PLAY WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR TOWARDS THE PLAYERS was utterly inexcusable.

If I remember right, in hockey, calls will come down from a booth/home center to tell the refs would could or should be changed if an error occurs.

Still, in football, I want the subjective nature to be there. Otherwise, every player needs to be analyzed by a crew every down to determine how close to breaking the rules each one does every single time.

But, a blown call like this has to be corrected. There can't be rules AGAINST a ref and his crew going 'crap, we blew it, its on the big screen, let's just call it now.' Refs get to make game time outs. Why can't they do it here? Allow them to go back and relook at something.

Saints didn't help themselves by only having a 14 yard second quarter. Or doing nothing after the first drive of the 3rd quarter either until the end. But that call directly affected the game's outcome.

And Chiefs? 32 yards in the first half shows you how close you came to, I don't know, POSSIBLY BLOWING THE PATRIOTS OUT OF THE WATER IF YOU WOULD HAVE PLAYED THE WHOLE GAME LIKE THE SECOND HALF.

But you didn't. And a gimme call on roughing Brady gets the Pats all the opportunity in the world to drive and score. Now, it didn't give the Pats the game, because they ground out and chewed up the Chiefs on the last drive in regulation, and all through OT. So, no cheating there; they simply outplayed the Chiefs.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2019, 02:34:01 AM »

Go Rams.

St. Louis 37
New England 28

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2019, 03:08:54 AM »

Go Rams.

St. Louis 28
New England 37
Wringer 39 (beers in celebration)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2019, 11:50:10 AM »

Go Rams.

St. Louis 38
New England 31
Wringer 2 boxes of Kleenex in commiseration of his Pats

(good stuff, Jeff  Grin had to jump in on that one)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 03:34:57 AM »

Congrats Wringer!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2019, 04:28:48 AM »

Congrats Wringer!

Man you look at the 'dynasty' of Dallas in the 90s and you now think 'pfft.'

Sure, the 49ers had success, but measured against this? Nothing.

These Patriots. Wow.

That said, I'm trying to think of a Superbowl I enjoyed even less than this one. Maybe the Ravens/49ers; the score was higher, but there was so little to enjoy watching that game.

Seahawks/Broncos ranks up there too. Wait, Tampa Bay and Oakland Raiders was way worse.

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2019, 08:12:49 PM »

yea...not a lot, if any, standout moments.  no real nail biting plays, just kind of humdrum.  now i enjoyed it and felt it was a pretty tense game but then i am a Pats fan, i'm sure the rest of the country fell asleep by the 3rd qtr
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2019, 10:10:34 PM »

It's amazing that Tom Brady by himself has won more Super Bowls than the Dallas Cowboys.  And the Green Bay Packers.  And he's tied with Pittsburgh.  One man has more titles than historical elite teams.  And he doesn't seem to be in decline either.  Just crazy.

I'm also always impressed how the Pat's never seem to panic or "hurry up" no matter how far behind they are.  They could be down three TD's with 2 minutes to go and they leisurely move down the field and can still win the game.  Since they were ahead, they seemed even more at ease in those last 2 minutes. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2019, 12:09:32 AM »

First off yes, congrats Wringer.
While do I hate it that the Patriots won, I am happy for you

And how about the massive score fest that was Superbowl 53, huh?

ZZZZzzzzzzz

I wonder how many people took the under???

It's amazing that Tom Brady by himself has won more Super Bowls than the Dallas Cowboys.  And the Green Bay Packers.  And he's tied with Pittsburgh.  One man has more titles than historical elite teams.

Well, first while I understand all the praise this guy gets, most is deserving, he is also one lucky ass SOB. I think Viniteri was more responsible for most of the Patriots Playoff wins and not sir Tom Brady, but hey, I am also a very, very bitter SOB ...
 Cheesy Cheesy

And Jeff, my boy Dave (also a Cowboys fan) brought something up to me today ...
Not only have the Patriots won 6 SB's now, the only time they have lost recently was to NFC East teams - Twice to NYG and once to Philly. That makes it even worse for Cowboys fans. He hates the Patriots even more than I do now
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2019, 02:09:21 AM »

That's right!  If the Cowboys had been there they would have WON!!!    (Ok.  Maybe not)

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2019, 01:50:39 AM »

And in Pats history of Superbowls, they have also lost to Chicago and Green Bay-got NFC Central! er, NFC North now. Wink

There's nothing I love more than to read how the actual defenses and offenses played in the Superbowl.

The Pats decision to play 6-0 as they called it-4 down linemen, 2 linebackers spread wide at the line, and a single safety/linebacker in the middle tight behind the line, and Quarters in zone when they played man to man predominantly all year? F****' BRILLIANT.

No wonder Goff was lost. Took away all run lanes, focused to shut down Gurley, and make the very suspect Goff (as seen very much so in the last 3-4 weeks of the season) try to beat them. Brillaint.

Or, 'the drive' that the Pats actually scored a TD on? Drawn up on sidelines by McDaniels who said they had to throw out the practiced game plan. Put in the heavy set offense (2 fb/hb, 2 TE, 1 WR tight to the line) and then spread them out to make the defense-planning run heavy blocking-go out in coverage. Then run it in that same set 3 times!!

THAT'S what I love to listen and read after a Superbowl.

Pissed as I was., the main thing I remember from Superbowl 32, when Denver beat the Packers, was Mike Shanahan talking about 'we have to neutralize LeRoy Butler.' (free ranging strong safety, who I hope makes it to the Hall of Fame-first defensive backfield player to have 20 INTs, 20 sacks. Ended with 38 INTs; so close to 40!).

But anyways, he was the guy who could obviously range all over the field with speed and strength. Shanahan figured if they could take him out of the picture, then their run game could win it for them.

Essentially, this is exactly how it played out. Dammit!!!! (I'm still so pissed about the helicopter-if only Mike Prior had gone straight through Elway!!!!)

But beautiful game planning.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »

Hahaha, so good old Robert Kraft.
Prostitution anyone?
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2019, 10:33:16 PM »

Hahaha, so good old Robert Kraft.
Prostitution anyone?
 Grin

Now we know the secret!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS