HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:53:20 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2018  (Read 24671 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 09:48:57 PM »

I loved it.  But I'm worried Sunday's Dallas vs Jacksonville game will just be a fluke in a season of disappointment.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 12:13:32 AM »

OMG the Cowboys suck.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »

I liked what the kicker said after the Cowboys loss. While the rest of team, and my boy Dave  Wink (love ya broham), was bitching about a blown call, (which it wasn't, he obviously moved the ball after he was set) the kicker went all "man up" and said something like -
The penalty did nothing to me. It didn't effect me at all. I could have made the kick, I just didn't.

Nice to hear that kind of thing

Wasn't nice being on the phone for almost an hour with a pissed off and very drunk Cowboys fan though.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 12:16:46 AM »

OMG the Packers suck.

*quoting Jeff

I think McCarthy may be coaching his way out of a job after this year. A vanilla fucking offense, ignoring the run *(which accounted for TWO touchdowns on drives against Rams today; but ignored entirely when the Rams started catching up!)* and just flat out holding onto poor players (Cobb, Montgomery) who just can't produce.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 12:25:00 AM »

Man.  The poor Bears kicker.  I really felt bad for him.  Good luck finding a job next year.   Huh

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 01:18:55 PM »

Sorry about the loss, Jeff. Told Dave before the game that if you guys can stop Gurley, who I didn't think was back to full speed or power yet (and he wasn't) your guys have a great shot to win. Didn't even think about CJ Anderson being such a force. But you guys were so good against the run all year I just knew if you could stop that aspect, you had it in the bag.
That front line of the Rams just pushed you guys around like no-one has done all year though. 250 yards rushing is hard to beat without turnovers.

Sorry buddy, but if you're gonna lose, at least lose early to get a better draft pick!
 Wink

All of the Realms teams are out now, yeah? Panthers, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys ... and ... and ... oh no... there is one team still in it.
The Damn Patriots!!!
 Angry

Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Wink

(and hey, isn't someone here a Saints fan? Or is that just an "I also like the Saints" kinda thing?)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 12:51:09 AM »

Yeah, Wringer and his Patriots continue. (WRinger, right? I believe so, he's the Bruins fan!)

I'm sure someone will talk non-stop about it at some point, but it's not too often when both 1 and 2 seeded teams from both conferences make it to the Championship game.

Dammit Eagles. Where was the magic? Oh yeah, your entire defense was injured and missing from the game. eVeryone is going to go back and point to that declined challenge, the fake punt, and the forced interception as why the Saints won. Sigh...long week then!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 01:42:54 AM »

Thankfully I was out to dinner for my wife's birthday last night and didn't see the carnage.  I was DVRing it to watch today but somebody at the bar we were at spoiled the ending for us last night.  Glad they did as now I don't have to waste time watching it.  I had a lot of friends last week hoping the Bears would lose because they thought the Rams would be easier to beat than the Saints.  I thought they were nuts because we already beat the Saints this year and the Rams are really good this year.  I hate being right.

At least we made it one round closer this year.  Better than losing in the Wildcard weekend.

Looks like I'll be rooting for Kansas City since Mahomes was my Fantasy Football QB.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 01:44:55 AM »

I'm sure someone will talk non-stop about it at some point, but it's not too often when both 1 and 2 seeded teams from both conferences make it to the Championship game.

I was thinking about that today.  I'm starting to think we need to eliminate the bye week for the top 2.  Maybe add a couple of other wildcard teams so that everyone has to play each week.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 10:35:01 AM »

Dammit Eagles. Where was the magic? Oh yeah, your entire defense was injured and missing from the game. eVeryone is going to go back and point to that declined challenge, the fake punt, and the forced interception as why the Saints won.

Well, I know you can never count one play as the one that "lost the game" and I do feel bad for him, but one that last drive if Alshon Jeffery would have not let that pass go right through his hands, right into the defense gut, I think the 'Iggles' would have won that game ... as long as they would've scored with less than 4 seconds left so Brees didn't have time to go back down the field again.
 Grin

Thankfully I was out to dinner for my wife's birthday last night and didn't see the carnage.

WHAT??? You let your wife have a birthday during the playoffs? THE PLAYOFFS? You tell that woman she better learn to grow older AFTER the Super Bowl
 Wink
One main reason I married my wife was that her birthday is between February and September. Ya know, after the Superbowl and before Training Camp
 Grin

Looks like I'll be rooting for Kansas City since Mahomes was my Fantasy Football QB.

Funny how that works, yeah? I know Dave, another huge Cowboy fan ... way too much so ... became a fan of the Colts back when he had Manning as his Fantasy QB and now wants KC to win for the same reason as you.  Cheesy
That is another reason why I refuse to have any Patriots or anyone from the AFC North on my fantasy team.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »

Go Pats
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:53:10 PM by Wringer » Logged
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 06:13:19 PM »

Go Pats

Angry

Wink Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 02:09:25 AM »

I was thinking about that today.  I'm starting to think we need to eliminate the bye week for the top 2.  Maybe add a couple of other wildcard teams so that everyone has to play each week.

Funny thing is, I was damned wrong about how often this happens.

Happens almost every year.

Last time it didn't (I think I"m right) was 2013 with Baltimore. Sheesh. What an advantage!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2019, 01:25:00 AM »

Predictions!!!

Mine are simply based off hope.

Kansas City over Patriots (although, Brady is a cold weather QB, with LOTS of experience in it; Mahomes does not. However, if it's bad, and you need to pass, Brady's lack of zip on the ball could be a factor here.)

And....

Rams over Saints. I think the Rams can control the line of scrimmage on both sides (based off that Dallas game). The Eagles were taking it to Brees and the Saints before they lost both star d-lineman. No pressure, means Brees can have his way. I'd actually probably love the story as well of the Rams getting to the Superbowl as well as Brees making it there, so whomever wins, I'm pleased with!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 03:19:37 AM »

I've got the same as yours Jimmy.

KC over Pats - although I'm not confidant in this.  More of a "hope" than a prediction.

Rams over Saints - I think the Rams are the better team.

Now having said that - a Brees vs Brady Super Bowl would be something to watch.  I could get excited about that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS