HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:28:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avengers & Avengers 2 on 4K  (Read 5865 times)
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« on: August 19, 2018, 05:53:34 AM »

If you guys are lucky enough to have a 4K w/HDR TV and a 4K player, pick up the newly released Avengers 1 & 2 (and, hell, while you're at it, Infinity War) on 4K.  Oh... my... GAWD!  Watching it with HDR is like watching it again for the first time.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 09:34:02 AM »

I can't notice a difference, really. I mean maybe slightly, maybe, but not enough to drool over. At least not with my 52" Samsung and/or my old ass eyes.  Cheesy Cheesy

They say you should have at least a 50" to enjoy it, but yeah, I see no difference in quality from my HD to 4k. I guess if I had a 60 to 70 inch system, moved my couch a lot closer or maybe bought a better tv than I currently have (?)  Cheesy Cheesy it would work out better for my eyes (ha, well better in so much I could better see the sharper image, not "better" for my eyes). A larger tv would just envelope the entire room, I am already close enough to my tv as it is. Oh, and I really like my Samsung.
 Wink

Don't get me wrong, if the wife wasn't here I would probably be sitting about 3 feet from the tv to better see all that higher-res goodness
 Grin

But yeah, my eyes are as old as the rest of me, well, technically not but still  Cheesy Cheesy, so I am sure that is more the issue than not.
Enjoy that sweet, sweet stuff while you can youngins
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 01:12:13 PM »

Let’s just say it doesn’t suck on a 75” 4K TV. Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 01:58:16 AM »

Good lord you guys and your 'sizes'! :p

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »

Grin Grin

I don't have the room for a tv that big. My tv room is only 15 feet wide from where the television sits and 52" is almost too big as it is.

That's what she said

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 02:38:31 AM »

It's not about how big your TV is, it's how good your reception is.

That being said, I've got a 60" and fantastic reception.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 12:50:36 PM »

It's not about how big your TV is, it's how good your reception is.

Let me just say that if you can see the difference in HD and 4k on a smaller tv of say a 36" or so, and you are not sitting/standing right up to it, you not only have great perception, you are superhuman  Grin

Your 60" certainly helps you see it however.  Smiley I bet it looks sweet.

They are already working on the next resolution, but it will be pointless for consumers. It is 8kUHD and our eyes will not be able to see that no matter the size of the home television. It will be for ... like Dallas Cowboys stadium (I can't believe I forgot the name of that damn place) where the tvs are about 10 to 30 feet tall and you are hundreds of feet away.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 03:19:00 PM »

... like Dallas Cowboys stadium (I can't believe I forgot the name of that damn place) where the tvs are about 10 to 30 feet tall and you are hundreds of feet away.

AT&T Stadium officially but around here we call it JerryWorld.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 06:39:36 PM »

AT&T Stadium ...

DAMN IT!! Yeah, that's it.  Cheesy

...  but around here we call it JerryWorld.

Even better!!!
 Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS