HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:33:42 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Job!  (Read 5856 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 03, 2018, 01:47:16 PM »

After almost 9 years at my current company I'm finally moving on to a brand new job starting August 20!  My company had moved the office so far north it was taking me an hour to hour and a half to get there.  Now I'm back in downtown Dallas and at most a 30 minute drive.  Plus, I'm close to the hockey stadium (I could walk)!   Grin

If this doesn't sound comic bookey I don't know what does.  I'll be the Sr. Manager of the Cyber Fusion Center.  I'll be one accident away from hulking out.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 03:17:29 PM »

Congrats on the new chapter...no rampaging please.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 05:59:38 PM »

Congrats, Jeff!!! Hope you have a great time at the new place. I mean as much time as one can have earning a living  Grin And yeah, your job title sounds awesome!!!
 Grin
Plus part of it sounds like an Image title if I ever heard one
"First there was the fall of Black Hammer. Next came the story of their greatest villain: Sherlock Frankenstein, closely followed by both Doctor Star and the Quantum Age. Now, get ready for the next chapter in the Black Hammer Universe, starring Colonel Weird and his automated buddy, Talky Walky - CYBER FUSION (with back-up story THE LOST CAPITAL OF SATURN)!!!
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 06:52:33 PM »

Congratulations!  My current contract is up in 16 months and counting.  Hopefully I'll be posting something similar in a year and half. 

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 07:27:02 PM »

After almost 9 years at my current company I'm finally moving on to a brand new job starting August 20!  My company had moved the office so far north it was taking me an hour to hour and a half to get there.  Now I'm back in downtown Dallas and at most a 30 minute drive.  Plus, I'm close to the hockey stadium (I could walk)!   Grin

If this doesn't sound comic bookey I don't know what does.  I'll be the Sr. Manager of the Cyber Fusion Center.  I'll be one accident away from hulking out.   Cheesy

you should host a HeroRealm weekend sleepover at the Cyber Fusion Center and we can all come away with super powers!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 07:34:10 PM »

Congrats and good luck!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 04:18:30 AM »

Congrats, Jeff!!! Hope you have a great time at the new place. I mean as much time as one can have earning a living  Grin And yeah, your job title sounds awesome!!!
 Grin
Plus part of it sounds like an Image title if I ever heard one
"First there was the fall of Black Hammer. Next came the story of their greatest villain: Sherlock Frankenstein, closely followed by both Doctor Star and the Quantum Age. Now, get ready for the next chapter in the Black Hammer Universe, starring Colonel Weird and his automated buddy, Talky Walky - CYBER FUSION (with back-up story THE LOST CAPITAL OF SATURN)!!!
 Grin

I’ve tried so hard to just “let it go” and bite my tongue but I don’t think Perry would respect me if I didn’t bust his chops.  Dude, you know Black Hammer’s not an Image title.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 08:58:08 AM »

I’ve tried so hard to just “let it go” and bite my tongue but I don’t think Perry would respect me if I didn’t bust his chops

You're right  Smiley

Dude, you know Black Hammer’s not an Image title.

You're right  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 05:52:15 PM »

I’ve tried so hard to just “let it go” and bite my tongue but I don’t think Perry would respect me if I didn’t bust his chops

You're right  Smiley

Dude, you know Black Hammer’s not an Image title.

You're right  Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy   I can't resist the softballs!   Grin

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 04:14:13 AM »

I'm very jealous, I want out of my job so bad.  Grin

Congrats.

p.s. I think the Cyber Fusion Center is that thing that Jason Vorhees walked into in Jason X. Embarassed to make that reference.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 09:36:18 AM »

Before I forget,

Hope you have a good first day at the new place of employment Monday, Jeff!
Give em hell!!!!
(or whatever they ask for)
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS