HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:09:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash War  (Read 5641 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 16, 2018, 03:20:44 PM »

Anyone excited about the upcoming Flash War??  It's supposed to have repercussions on the whole DC Universe.  Roll Eyes

Despite my sarcasm - I am interested in this story and am thinking of picking it up.  But will it reveal any secrets from Wally's missing memory?  Or just be another disappointment?

The Flash #46 (The Road To Flash War)
Written by Joshua Williamson. Art by Scott Kolins.
Available from May 9th.

The Flash #47 (Part 1)
Written by Joshua Williamson. Art by Howard Porter.
Available from May 23rd.

The Flash #48 (Part 2)
Available from June 13th.

The Flash #49 (Part 3)
Available from June 27th.

The Flash #50 (Part 4)
Available from July 11th.

The Flash #51 (Aftermath)
Written by Joshua Williamson. Art by Scott Kollins.
Available from July 25th.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »

Anyone excited about the upcoming Flash War?? 

Honestly not really. Williamson's books are pretty good, but his Flash never hooked me. Now in all fairness that damn overused lightning art sure didn't help, just too damn much, but the stories were never ... well ... just not for me I guess.

Hope this is an enjoyable run for everyone and let me know what the big deal was when it is finished.
 Smiley
Sure would be nice to have it end with us having only ONE "Flash" or ONE "Wally West" though. At this point I don't care which, but get off this 2 Flash/2 West system
 Undecided
But then again, I am not reading it anyway, soo ... yeah, shut the hell up, Perry.  Grin Stop being that kinda guy. The kinda guy that does not even read the comic he is bitching about. If you're not reading it, it shouldn't bother you, so STFU
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 06:58:43 PM »

I read the Annual because it was Wally West (the original) focused and a pre-cursor to this "event".  I liked it enough to get interested here.  I think I'll pick up just this arc to see what it's all about.  I'll let you know how it goes.   Wink

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »

... I'll let you know how it goes.   Wink

Sweet, please do. I hear (and read at BC) that the new rumor is this may set of a new (small) crisis like event, so I do need to be informed if that is the case.
 Cool
Because it may play in the rumor that Grant Morrison is coming over to write the new Hal Jordan comic, as issue #50 is, suddenly and for no reason whatsoever that I can see, the last issue of the series
 Shocked Shocked Shocked
I was all set to read about the Darkstars arc and see this? Still gonna read it, but daaaamn Grant on GL?

and ooops, I hijacked a Flash topic with GL, sorry
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 12:41:29 PM »

So Flash War was great.  A fun story to read.

Now that it’s done though, the Next Flash arc isn’t fun.   Angry

Looks like I’m off of Flash again.

But pickup Flash War.  That was fun.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 05:36:11 PM »

Now that it’s done though, the Next Flash arc isn’t fun.   Angry

I was sooo excited when I saw all those speedsters at the opening of issue ... 52? ... 53? ... I forget (especially loved seeing "Fastback". The turtle from Captain Carrot  Grin) but then the story went rapidly away from where I wanted it to go, so, like you, I bailed.

Before that, I liked seeing
that Wally is the fastest though. Even though I am more a Barry fan, only because of my age
Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS