HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:04:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, July 25, 2018  (Read 10834 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 24, 2018, 06:03:50 PM »

Making my list for tomorrow a little longer since I'll probably start on it today.  It's a DC week for me.   Wink

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers 676
Doctor Strange 384
Generation X 86
Mighty Thor 703
Weapon X 13
Secret Warriors 10
Secret Warriors 11
Secret Warriors 12

ComiXology
Aquaman 38
Batman 50
Batman 51
Deathstoke 33
Doomsday Clock 6
The Flash 48
The Flash 49
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 47
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 48
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 49
Hawkman 1
The Immortal Men 4
Justice League 3
Justice League 4
Justice League Dark 1
Man of Steel 5
Man of Steel 6
Mera:  Queen of Atlantis 5
Mera:  Queen of Atlantis 6
New Challengers 3
Plastic Man 1
Red Hood & the Outlaws 24
The Terrifics 5
The Terrifics 6
Titans 23

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »

How are you liking Donny Cates Dr. Strange?

EDIT - Oh, and you are getting ready to start the Darkstars stuff in Hall!!!! It is so good!!! Thinking about going back and getting that series, Darkstars that is, but as it is a 90's comic I am ... scared.
 Grin
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:18:22 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 06:27:17 PM »

It's ok.  Honestly, I'm a little fatigued with Doc Strange being so powerless after Aaron's run.  I'm ready for him to be THE magic guy again.  That's not Cates' fault of course. His story is good, just bad timing after Aaron.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 06:28:51 PM »

It's ok.  Honestly, I'm a little fatigued with Doc Strange being so powerless after Aaron's run.  I'm ready for him to be THE magic guy again.  That's not Cates' fault of course. His story is good, just bad timing after Aaron.

Don't worry, the payoff is a'coming  Smiley (two more issues, counting the one you are set to read, before Damnation starts, which was, just okay, but fun for me. But I think you will be happy with #'s 384 and 385
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:35:37 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 01:46:20 AM »

Good! Great to hear!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 02:38:27 PM »

Agreed!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 01:56:19 PM »

I think I'm done with Aquaman for awhile now that this arc is finished.  Not that it is bad, because it's not, but I think I just need a break.

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers 676
Doctor Strange 384
Generation X 86
Mighty Thor 703
Weapon X 13
Secret Warriors 10
Secret Warriors 11
Secret Warriors 12

ComiXology
Aquaman 38
Batman 50
Batman 51

Deathstoke 33
Doomsday Clock 6
The Flash 48
The Flash 49
Hawkman 1
The Immortal Men 4
Justice League 3
Justice League 4
Justice League Dark 1
Man of Steel 5
Man of Steel 6

New Challengers 3
Plastic Man 1
The Terrifics 5
The Terrifics 6
Titans 23

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 04:21:53 PM »

I jumped off at the end of #37. Same reason.

Also saddened by the recent delay of Justice League Odyssey as I really wanted to see some more Sejic art, since he had been gone from Aquaman for so long. I didn't really want to read JLO, but I did want to see it. It was suppose to hit last week, the week prior to JLDark and Sejic had two full, almost three complete comics done and in the can but DC wanted to make major changes to the script, AFTER THE FACT sooooo, yeah, that is now delayed to the end of September
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »

I’m surprised you skipped 38 since it was the final chapter of the arc.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 06:12:46 PM »

I still have been enjoying Aquaman quite a bit. Probably because I have such long breaks between issues.  Grin

The biggest problem with this arc is that every writer damn near does it-civil wars in Atlantis and fighting for the throne. It's just tired out.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 06:26:26 PM »

Resurrection of Jean Grey 1-3; so far, not insulting! Will have to see if I care about it when the payoff and resolution hit.

Green Lantern 47-48; I forgot Venditti was writing GL under the new 52 banner; I think I remember they said he's ending 98 issues! Wow! That said, really enjoying this!

Also, realising that I've dropped Wonder Woman, Action and Superman, the only monthlies I am buying are Aquaman, Green Lantern, Justice League, Deathstroke and Hawkman. Man! This is it for ALL monthlies in total!!!

Well, Mister Miracle, Doomsday Clock, and eventual Heroes in Crisis too.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 07:28:29 PM »

When you say Green Lantern do you mean Green Lanterns or Hal & the Corps?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 02:42:40 AM »

Hal And the Corps

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 12:50:41 PM »

It amazes me how fast DC comics read.

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers 676
Doctor Strange 384
Generation X 86
Mighty Thor 703
Weapon X 13
Secret Warriors 10
Secret Warriors 11
Secret Warriors 12

ComiXology
Aquaman 38
Batman 50
Batman 51
Deathstoke 33
Doomsday Clock 6
The Flash 48
The Flash 49

Hawkman 1
The Immortal Men 4
Justice League 3
Justice League 4
Justice League Dark 1
Man of Steel 5
Man of Steel 6

New Challengers 3
Plastic Man 1
The Terrifics 5
The Terrifics 6
Titans 23

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 03:34:11 PM »

How's that Flash arc?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS