HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:38:35 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Isola  (Read 4762 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 22, 2018, 08:37:54 PM »

Coming off a month where one title I praised as being pretty darn good was just slammed heavily (Just kidding, Jimmy, don't get your Bendis all ruffled  Grin Just kidding about that as well  Grin) I say to thee now, you guys have to, at the very least, take a one issue flyer on the Image book Isola. That is IF and only IF you think you would like a Disney'esque animated movie about ... well hell, just click some of the preview pages and take a look.

I haven't felt this way towards a comic in a long time. I find it fascinating, in a fantasy way. It is so beautiful but at the same time I find the story pulling me in issue after wonderful issue. I just blasted through the first four issues and I am now eagerly awaiting issue #5 to be released next month. I am also going to have to go find the first 4 or 5 issues of writer Brendan Fletcher's Motor Crush title as there is supposed to be a few pages of prologue for this title in the pages of that. I hope the LCS has them so I can flip through because I want to see if they show how ... well ... how a certain person became a certain ... something else other than, but I don't want to pay $4 an issue of a book I don't want (just not into the  Motor Crush story) for just one or two pages of this story to find out
 Cheesy

Check out the preview pages HERE (found right under the price), and if you can get issue one, I say do so. At least that first issue to see what ya think

(Note - The way they use sound effects in this title is cool. They don't really use any words, just a few symbols here and there to denote sound)

EDIT - Damn, man, look how good this looks HERE (again, preview pages can be found under the price point)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 12:14:21 AM »

Did you notice this?

Isola #9
Olwyn and Rook stray from the path to Isola at great cost. NOW BI-MONTHLY!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 11:37:29 AM »

Did you notice this?

Isola #9
Olwyn and Rook stray from the path to Isola at great cost. NOW BI-MONTHLY!

Grin

Yeah ....

Isola #7 - Man I love this book but it is just not worth reading in single issue form. There is so little that happens in each issue, just because the way the story is being told (which is nice), that reading this title once every two months (as it is now being published every two months) is just too heartbreaking. I just get "into" the story and it is over, leaving me to wait for another 60 days to read more? No. I can do it no longer. Reading this only in collected format now. One trade a year is better that this current method.

It sucks!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 09:57:44 PM »

Ha!  Old Man Brain.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS