HR Boards
January 19, 2019, 03:22:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Toy Story 4 premieres June 21, 2019
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Heroes in Crisis  (Read 1810 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 01:17:07 PM »

I haven't picked up the second or third issue. I LOVE Booster but don't give a shit about Harley & Ivy. I don't understand why this went from 7 issues to 9.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 08:42:24 PM »

Going back to Rodney's comments, yeah, 9 issues over 7? Oh boy.

Also, how are people feeling on this?

I'm through issue 3, and scattershot vignettes with only a tease of pacing don't endear me to it.

Also, it does go to that place I don't think I want to see, meaning, PTSD in my heroes. Case in point, Batman from issue 2 with his "I train....partners...
and I see them die. I'm sorry
"

I didn't hate it, but it raises my hackles, as if this is a pandora box with the lid being opened, and woe unto us to see the ramifications of it all.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 02:25:08 PM »

Trying to wait for it all to be completed to read.
Not sure I am going to make it, but that is the plan ... for now ... at this time

Also, I like it so far. I think it would work better as a Marvel comic as they tend to show their heroes being more human than DC does.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Just kidding Jimmy
 Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think it works fine. I think PTSD is something heroes would have. The problem is would they talk about it in a setting such as this?
Eh, either way, I like what I have read so far (2 or 3 I think), but man do I want to wait for it to be over to finish the read in one sitting, because, of course, things just read better than way. Much like my recent read of Umbrella Academy ... which took me two sittings.
 Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS