HR Boards
April 19, 2019, 01:16:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Frozen 2 premieres November 22, 2019!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HAWKMAN  (Read 1042 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: July 18, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »

As long as that Rebirth Hawkman is carefully swept away, I'm all in! However, I'm really curious how Kator is going to be alive, he did die in Death of Hawkman!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:20:43 PM »

As long as that Rebirth Hawkman is carefully swept away, I'm all in! However, I'm really curious how Kator is going to be alive, he did die in Death of Hawkman!

I skipped Death of Hawkman.  Do I need to go back and get it before I start the new series?

Oh and didn't he...
come back in that Metal mini?

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 12:46:49 PM »

You shouldn't bother with the mini. Carter came back, not Kator as far as I remember.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »

Carter came back, not Kator as far as I remember.

Now I'm really confused!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 01:57:34 AM »

Carter came back, not Kator as far as I remember.

Now I'm really confused!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ahhh, welcome to Hawkman!!
 Wink Grin

And I would not recommend Death of Hawkman to anyone. Not sure if it is important to this new story, as I haven't read issue #2 of this current series yet, but DoH was not the best book by any means, although I can't remember why  Cheesy, and I say this really liking the writer, and having only read the first and a few pages into the second issue

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 03:22:27 PM »

So, I'm up through issue 7 'Origin' by I'll still SPOIL  hide it.

I...I think I'm still okay with this origin. I do think it's a bit big and over spectacular to really make Hawkman into one very special hero among so many.

I don't think it necessarily helps to bring Hawkman to a greater bigger stage.

I do think it could have been very...worrying in how they decided to mess with further origining him.

And I DO think it can gel and mesh with Geoff Johns story for 'Return of Hawkman.' While Ktar Deathbringer has been reborn through time AND space so often, I believe that the interference of the Nth metal, along with Hath-Set's curse on Khufu and Chay-ara, is what has warped Ktar's fate, to be woven specifically into Khufu's fate, and why the Hawks are now only reborn on earth. Nth Metal, and magic curses. Check! It works for me.

Until they undo my explanation with some other type of explanation next issue. Wink

Oh, and at least Kator Hol is still dead from 'Death of Hawkman.' Our Carter just went back in time for him.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 09:04:22 AM »

For Jimmy -

Even though I know he knows the character as well as anyone can, and that is saying something let me tell you Grin, it is always nice to get a refresher on just how crazy Hawkman's history really was, just three short years ago. I do hope this gets updated soon, so we can all marvel at the insane backstory of this great character

Hawkman's eazy-peazy history'easy = HERE  Cheesy
(Again, from July 2016)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 06:04:26 PM »

His history is part of the charm, for me!  Wink Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS