HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 07:28:17 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bendis Superman & the Reveal  (Read 7466 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: December 02, 2019, 05:11:55 PM »

So how's it going? And how much will I hate it when I get the DC app to read it next year?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 04:14:57 AM »

So how's it going? And how much will I hate it when I get the DC app to read it next year?

Are you talking about Leviathan or something else?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 09:49:08 AM »

Well, I am also not really sure what you are asking there, Jimbo, but I will say that both of the Superman titles are probably off my reading list for awhile. Having to buy them every month is not something I am willing to do. Not due to Bendis entirely, and as you know Supes has never been one of my top characters, but money, of course, is also a factor. That said, yeah, I would say a little bit of all three aspects (Supes, Bendis and Money) is why I am jumping off, for now.

See ya on the DCU at some point, Supes! Maybe  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 02:33:42 PM »

I just did headline scans and it was talked Clark was going to reveal he's Superman?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 05:51:10 PM »

I just did headline scans and it was talked Clark was going to reveal he's Superman?

Ah!  I did not know that.  I only read Action Comics and I can say that hasn't happened yet there.  I wonder why they are doing that.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 07:20:38 PM »

This dude ... hahaha ... brings up so many great points. He does need to slow down just a tad, he kinda speaks over himself, but man ... hahaha, he nails Bendis' Superman run. Jimmy should love this. Really highlights the lowlights of Bendis' run on this character.

Sooo damn bad...
hahaha

EDIT - at least, if you don't have time for the entire thing, at least scroll to around the 14 minute mark and listen to the Lois stuff.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 07:25:51 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 10:32:56 PM »

Lol this just came up in my YouTube feed today!! Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 08:58:20 PM »

So... anyone reading any Superman books at all?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 10:27:12 PM »

I'm reading that $1 a week series but not anything Bendis.  He lost me after Leviathan.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 09:49:14 AM »

Heard the rumor at the LCS yesterday evening that Bendis is leaving Superman!!

*If True (have not found a good source yet), this is a warning to stay away from Jimmy as he may explode from pure joy!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 03:20:11 PM »

I hope it's within the year and shorter, and not a report of "well I'm through my first 3 years, and now it's my downhill 3 years to there finish."

He can just hit the road. Just wait until he gets to Batman next... Or maybe Jim Lee isn't a huge fan of him and won't care if he's at DC.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 06:49:58 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Only thing I can find is a guy named Perch (youtube) says some interview has now been deleted about him "ending his run" on Superman.

So yeah, there is at least another year to go unless things have changed and THAT is why the interview was deleted
 Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 02:43:53 AM »

Truthfully, I DID read that article this morning! And I swear, it was on CBR! I don't go other places for comic news anymore. Supposedly, it was with an interview with David Harper of Off Panel podcast (whatever that is).

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 09:12:05 AM »

I talked to that guy again today and he said he saw it on "some site"  Cheesy

But anyway, the guy Perch that I watched had it a couple days ago, so maybe he got it from there as well. I don't know. He had said all the information that you just gave, but all I could remember was it was an interview that was deleted  Cheesy

Did hear an interview today from Christina Merkler, the owner of DCBS (along with her husband), one of the two companies shipping DC to all the LCS' now, and yeah ... screw Diamond.
It was pretty informative, especially how pissed she is that everyone thinks she wants all their customer info to "steal" the customers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS