HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:14:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, July 18, 2018  (Read 11089 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 06:02:07 PM »

Done!  Whew!

ComiXology
Black Science 36
Copperhead 19
Death or Glory 1
Death or Glory 2
Descender 30
The Fix 12
Gideon Falls 3
Gideon Falls 4
Lazarus 28
Oblivion Song 3
Oblivion Song 4
Saga 52
Southern Bastards 20
Walking Dead 180
The Wicked + The Divine 36

Marvel Unlimited
Old Man Hawkeye 1
Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey 3
Cable 153
Avengers 675
Dare Devil 597
Secret Warriors 8
Secret Warriors 9

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 11:32:55 AM »

Once again, this time MAINLY because of Jeff  Grin, I get sidetracked from my list. Only getting two more in. Not gonna make it.
 Grin

Batman #51 - An interested start to a new arc with Mr. Bruce Wayne on jury duty
Red Hood & the Outlaws #23 - Yay, back to my underdog DC title. A spotlight on Jason's parents
The Terrifics #4
The Terrifics #5
- I want to like this more than I do as this is DC's Fantastic Four, but something is just missing
New Challengers #1
New Challengers #2
New Challengers #3
- I want to like this more than I do as this was the original Fantastic Four back in the day, but something is, again, missing

STNG: Terra #1 - The Mirror Universe's Reggie Barclay!
Magic Order #2 - Oh this is so damn good. But I see an ending coming I may not like. Gonna be rushed I fear
Skyward #1
Skyward #2
Skyward #3
- Gave this the 3 issue try and gonna walk away. It's pretty good, but I have too much to read right now  Undecided
Oblivion Song #1 (Re-Read)
Oblivion Song #2
Oblivion Song #3
Oblivion Song #4
Oblivion Song #5
- So Jeff said I should try this again, give it the three shot, so I did. I was able to snatch up most of these from the LCS to borrow, but had to buy #2 (I was expecting them not to have issue #2, but shocked Dave didn't have the damn thing Angry ...  Grin) anyway ... Man this art. The main reason I didn't go further than issue one the first time was I just have so many issues with the art. I am not trying to rag on the artist too much, everyone's eye is different and I wish him nothing but the best, but ... some of this shading ... just makes no sense with the way light is hitting. Sometimes, when two people are talking, the shadow is on the left side of a character's face and yet the shadow will be on the opposite side for the other character? Sometimes people have eyes in closeup and sometimes they don't? Just a breakdown of art 101 at times. I am getting more used to it, but yeah, there are problems here. I am sure the guy will get better as he goes however.  Smiley I will stay on for a few more issues, at least, because as Jeff said the story is here and it is pretty interesting. Plus, according to the letters pages, this is not what the main story is going to end up being ... this is just the opening salvo to a much bigger story so yeah, I want to see where it goes. Also, the ending of #4
with finding the brother
made me open issue #5 right away.
 Smiley

Infidel #5
Analog #4
Isola #1
Isola #2
Isola #3
Isola #4

Ice Cream Man #4
Ice Cream Man #5

Weatherman #2

Hawkman #2
Justice League #2
Justice League #3
Justice League #4
LoSH #13

Infinity Countdown #5
Dr. Strange #2
Dr. Strange #3
New Mutants: Dark Souls #5
Amazing Spider-Man #1

Lost City Explorers #2
Bloodshot: Salvation #11
Relay #1

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 02:40:22 PM »

Oblivion Song #2
Oblivion Song #3
Oblivion Song #4
Oblivion Song #5
- So Jeff said I should try this again, give it the three shot, so I did. I was able to snatch up most of these from the LCS to borrow, but had to buy #2 (I was expecting them not to have issue #2, but shocked Dave didn't have the damn thing Angry ...  Grin) anyway ... Man this art. The main reason I didn't go further than issue one the first time was I just have so many issues with the art. I am not trying to rag on the artist too much, everyone's eye is different and I wish him nothing but the best, but ... some of this shading ... just makes no sense with the way light is hitting. Sometimes, when two people are talking, the shadow is on the left side of a character's face and yet the shadow will be on the opposite side for the other character? Sometimes people have eyes in closeup and sometimes they don't? Just a breakdown of art 101 at times. I am getting more used to it, but yeah, there are problems here. I am sure the guy will get better as he goes however.  Smiley I will stay on for a few more issues, at least, because as Jeff said the story is here and it is pretty interesting. Plus, according to the letters pages, this is not what the main story is going to end up being ... this is just the opening salvo to a much bigger story so yeah, I want to see where it goes. Also, the ending of #4
with finding the brother
made me open issue #5 right away.
 Smiley

100% Agree.  If the story wasn't so interesting I'd walk away too.  Maybe an artist like Brian Hurtt of Sixth Gun fame would work better here.

And yeah - that end of issue 4 was a a nice hook.  Glad that they are moving the story along and not dragging things out as some do.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 10:15:40 AM »

As expected, I came up waaaay short on my list, while at the same time reading just as many (if not more) comics anyway.
 Undecided
Oh well, sometimes the mood just hits, yeah? Like reading Isola. Did NOT expect that one. Did any of you check out the previews? Have any thoughts on it at all? I have been biting nails waiting for the next issue to drop. That title hit me so hard for some reason ... and out of nowhere!!!

Anywho, got a couple more in, although one of them I finished after 1:30 AM, I am calling it last night.
 Grin

LOSH #13 - A solo Legionnaire story where Timberwolf takes care of stuff on Karate Kid's will
Hawkman #2 - Hmmmm, once more into the past of Hawkman or here we go again, either way  Smiley
Red Hood & the Outlaws #24 - Did that really happen? Did Jason
just shoot Penguin in the face, in the monocle, from point blank range ... with the gun right up against the glass? All that blood? A hole in the shattered monocle?
Did that ... naaawwww, right?

Batman #51
Red Hood & the Outlaws #23
The Terrifics #4
The Terrifics #5

New Challengers #1
New Challengers #2
New Challengers #3

STNG: Terra #1
Magic Order #2
Skyward #1
Skyward #2
Skyward #3

Oblivion Song #2
Oblivion Song #3
Oblivion Song #4
Oblivion Song #5

Infidel #5
Analog #4
Isola #1
Isola #2
Isola #3
Isola #4

Ice Cream Man #4
Ice Cream Man #5

Weatherman #2

Justice League #2
Justice League #3
Justice League #4

Infinity Countdown #5
Dr. Strange #2
Dr. Strange #3
New Mutants: Dark Souls #5
Amazing Spider-Man #1

Lost City Explorers #2
Bloodshot: Salvation #11
Relay #1

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 02:36:35 PM »

Love that you're reading the old Legion again. 😀

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 02:37:10 PM »

As expected, I came up waaaay short on my list, while at the same time reading just as many (if not more) comics anyway.
 Undecided
Oh well, sometimes the mood just hits, yeah? Like reading Isola. Did NOT expect that one. Did any of you check out the previews? Have any thoughts on it at all? I have been biting nails waiting for the next issue to drop. That title hit me so hard for some reason ... and out of nowhere!!!

I like to think of the list as more of a "guideline" to keep me from falling so far behind but not necessarily set in stone.  I sometime wonder if it bores people but it sure does help me stay focused.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 08:34:49 PM »

Love that you're reading the old Legion again. 😀

Yeah, Got to get the fix in every now and then. I will just be glad to finally get into a more modern dialog with the characters and out of the Levitz speak, because man, everyone of them, including Phantom Girl can just be a hardcore bitch at times. Rude, mean, self-serving and a real jack-hole to team-mates. They are horrible people at times. All of them.
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 03:13:28 AM »

Randomly...Guardians of the Galaxy 6 months ago.

Okay, maybe, just maybe, if there is another guy I actually feel I can trust with the Guardians, and the 'Infinity' moniker and branding, it's Gerry Duggan. Cates too. I'm really digging this first re-appearance of Adam Warlock again.

At least it isn't Bendis' GotG.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 10:25:41 AM »

At least it isn't Bendis' GotG.

True to that. That was one ship I wish I didn't board.

But Duggan's Infinity Countdown (basically GotG, but with more money grab) has been ... kinda soft(?). Not horrible, at least to me, but still not blowing me over, bordering on disappointing, though I am still looking forward to Infinity War. And honestly, with Countdown, I am still kinda mad, though not surprised, about one character's change in that arc, so I could be bias in my feelings
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 06:29:52 PM »

But Duggan's Infinity Countdown (basically GotG, but with more money grab) has been ... kinda soft(?).

DAMMIT

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 08:59:07 PM »

But Duggan's Infinity Countdown (basically GotG, but with more money grab) has been ... kinda soft(?).

DAMMIT

Don't despair, you may really dig it! You know how different we can be  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS