HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:44:42 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, July 18, 2018  (Read 11092 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 18, 2018, 02:55:42 PM »

Gotta get through all these Image books this week.  My DC reads are piling up!

ComiXology
Black Science 36
Copperhead 19
Death or Glory 1
Death or Glory 2
Descender 30
The Fix 12
Gideon Falls 3
Gideon Falls 4
Lazarus 28
Oblivion Song 3
Oblivion Song 4
Saga 52
Southern Bastards 20
Walking Dead 180
The Wicked + The Divine 36

Marvel Unlimited
Old Man Hawkeye 1
Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey 3
Cable 153
Avengers 675
Dare Devil 597
Secret Warriors 8
Secret Warriors 9

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 03:10:18 PM »

Death or Glory 1
Death or Glory 2

Oh I think you will like this one. It is not the best, but it is way better than what I was expecting  Smiley

Oblivion Song 3
Oblivion Song 4

You liking this? I tried the first issue and either the art or the story just didn't grab me, but if you think it is worth the old "3 issue try", I may give it another go.

EDIT - May as well throw my "attempt list" in now, yeah  Grin

Hawkman #2
Batman #51
Justice League #2
Justice League #3
Justice League #4
LoSH #13

Infinity Countdown #5
Dr. Strange #2
Dr. Strange #3
New Mutants: Dark Souls #5
Amazing Spider-Man #1

Magic Order #2
Infidel #5 (last issue)
Lost City Explorers #2
Analog #1
Bloodshot: Salvation #11
Relay #1 (and the FCBD issue ... AGAIN  Cheesy)

We will see!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:33:15 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 04:03:38 PM »

Oblivion Song 3
Oblivion Song 4

You liking this? I tried the first issue and either the art or the story just didn't grab me, but if you think it is worth the old "3 issue try", I may give it another go.

Let me get back to you on that after I read these two.  So far I've enjoyed it but not ready to say it's a must read.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 04:26:07 PM »

More reasons to get pissed at thinking about Bendis on Superman; Spider-Men II #5 and iron Man 596 are garbage. Just tripe and junk. At least the Defenders is okay. And Miles Spider-man is just boring as that title limps to it's death.

Sorry, 6 months behind with Unlimited.  Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 04:52:46 PM »

More reasons to get pissed at thinking about Bendis on Superman; Spider-Men II #5 and iron Man 596 are garbage. Just tripe and junk. At least the Defenders is okay. And Miles Spider-man is just boring as that title limps to it's death.

Sorry, 6 months behind with Unlimited.  Wink

Ha.
I am scared now about your thoughts on Man of Steel. I know Jeff and I liked it, a lot, but my boys at 11 O'Clock Comics (well two of them at least) seem to hate it with a passion. I do have a couple problems with it, one being that new "bad guy" (both in style and what he has supposed to have now done) plus I am still not a fan of a certain Kryptonian being returned, but that was prior to Bendis, but I still thought it was well done.
(Better than Superman #1 at least)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 08:05:39 PM »

Spent most of the day reading and made a lot of progress.  Might get an early start on my DC reading if I get through the Marvel stuff soon.

ComiXology
Black Science 36
Copperhead 19
Death or Glory 1
Death or Glory 2
Descender 30
The Fix 12
Gideon Falls 3
Gideon Falls 4
Lazarus 28
Oblivion Song 3
Oblivion Song 4
Saga 52
Southern Bastards 20
Walking Dead 180
The Wicked + The Divine 36

Marvel Unlimited
Old Man Hawkeye 1
Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey 3
Cable 153
Avengers 675
Dare Devil 597
Secret Warriors 8
Secret Warriors 9

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 08:07:00 PM »

Oblivion Song 3
Oblivion Song 4

Give it the three or four issue try.  The art isn't very good but the story has grabbed me.  Especially after issue 4.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:58:07 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 08:35:36 PM »

Oblivion Song 3
Oblivion Song 4

Give it the three or four issue try.  The art isn't very good but the story has grabbed me.  Especially after issue 4.

Let me get back to you on that after I read these two.  So far I've enjoyed it but not ready to say it's a must read.

Was going to say you left me hanging because, as you can see, there is nothing after the quoted part. However, once I hit quote, I saw where you did answer.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 08:51:42 PM »

Oops!  I hate it when I do that!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 08:54:02 PM »

I do it all the time.  Grin

Thanks for the info too (forgot to add that)
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »

I do it all the time.  Grin

Thanks for the info too (forgot to add that)
 Grin

I went back and fixed it.  Just saw how confusing it was.   Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 07:05:24 PM »

Man of Steel 4-6
Superman 1

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 03:31:35 PM »

Man of Steel 4-6
Superman 1

Aaaaaand.......

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 08:52:51 PM »

Man of Steel 4-6
Superman 1

Aaaaaand.......

Don't you start him up again!!  Grin

All those books on my original list and the only two I have read are Infidel #5 and Analog #4 (mistyped as #1 originally in this thread). I have knocked out a few however.

Infidel #5 - Aaaaand it's done. A pretty decent horror mini, though probably better in one sitting.
Analog #4 - Aaaand I'm done. The fun wore away pretty fast. I'm not into the art I think.
Isola #1
Isola #2
Isola #3
Isola #4
Yep, I'm hooked. I was after about 2 pages of issue #1 actually. See Image Thread.
Ice Cream Man #4
Ice Cream Man #5
- Was out, I came back. Okay, I will stick around for a few more. Not a recommend, but guilty pleasure
Weatherman #2  - So the guys at the LCS once again came up to me begging. Said give this just one more issue. They pleaded. I reluctantly said okay.
DAMN!!
I am so glad I did. Nice concept and man I am hooked. Went from "I don't see the big deal" to "Oh my, this is gonna be a big deal".
Someone is going to grab this and make a hellava show or movie. Yep, you may want to think about this one!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 03:50:42 AM »

Deathstroke <vs Batman> 33 is shaping up to be one of my favorite arc reads in I don't know how long! Probably since an earlier arc in Deathstroke. SERIOUSLY. How does Priest not get consistent work for book after book his entire life? I can't believe the planning and intellect of his writing. Just...astounding.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS