HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:52:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harbinger Wars II  (Read 4916 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 09, 2018, 12:01:39 PM »

Angry
 Angry
 Angry

Sooo, just read issue #1 of Valiants new "event" (though I use that term with pleasure here as at least Valiant kept their "event" pretty much contained with-in the event book, so it doesn't permeate the rest of the line). I am sadly, for the first time that I can remember, calling "Foul".

Sure I have not overly enjoyed a couple titles that Valiant has put forth in the past (Shadowman for example got old for me reaaaal fast) but I have never put down an issue and felt like I was just slapped across the face with "bad" ... until now.

Wow, this is nothing more than a sell-out book in the worst way. Characters that have just recently swore their love for each other are now trying to almost kill each other? Characters acting totally against the fiber of their convictions? This is just a bad, bad event.

I flipped through issue #2, trying to read as little as possible, honestly, so perhaps the ending of that issue will make this all make sense eventually, but I will not be reading issues three and four to find out. I will wait and read the recap issue, Harbinger Wars II: Aftermath #1, and just move on from their. I do so hope that what I think I see happening is not what will be revealed to be the truth going forward (how can it be) but ya never know.

This is like Marvel's Civil War ... but without the reasoning or the ability to see either side.
Yuk!!

Maybe, hopefully, others will like it more than I did, but I think this is the worse thing I have read from the current incarnation of Valiant

3 outta 10 revolting revolts
 Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 02:07:23 AM »

I’ve only read the Prelude issue and I wasn’t drawn in yet.  Sounds like I won’t be.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 10:16:45 AM »

Oh that first issue was so bad with characterization I was shocked.
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 02:01:35 AM »

I think I’m going to wait unti it’s done and see what everyone thinks before I buy it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 01:18:32 PM »

Smart. I know I am staying away until the last, non-numbered issue, one I hope will be a "recap" issue, so I can get caught up without having to stay in the car for the entire ride.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS