HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 06:33:28 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ranking the Star Wars Movies  (Read 12086 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 09:39:22 AM »

Gotta get back to this later, but I am excited to read it
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 01:25:30 PM »

Leia, an integral figure of the Rebellion, and then the New Republic, lost standing with them, and had to be a General to another set of Rebels to the Empire that was not defeated at the end of ROTJ. (this is from source books). Also, her kid turned out like shit, and was lost to them.

I see what you mean for Leia.  I didn't get that this was a new rebel group and not what was left of the New Republic.  That is dumb.  I like the story that they had a kid who turned out like shit - that's good drama and he does have Anakin's genes.  Kid's often romanticize the people who have passed before them over what their parents teach.  Because, as you will find out in about 11 years, they know better than their parents.   Cheesy  (Of course, by the time they hit their 30's most have figured out Mom & Dad were a lot smarter than they thought - unless Perry's your dad.  HAHA -just kidding Perry).

Han left his wife, his family, and the Rebellion/Republic that caused him to grow into a better man to once again become a thief and smuggler. And his kid turned out like shit.

Another good point.  Han wouldn't leave Leia.  I can see him going out on "jobs" for weeks at a time but he would always come back to her.  He also wouldn't have been such an idiot with Ben out on the bridge.  He would have been more of a Dad coming down on his bad kid instead of a touchy feely Dad who stands there why his kid kills him.

Luke, who ideally fought the greatest evil out there, didn't blanche when he saw it was his father, gave (almost) everything to do what was right, and then later failed in everything he did with a New Jedi order, and almost killed a kid because of 'what may' happen. Then he just quit life and hid like a fucking coward, which was not ANYTHING like the Luke we saw.

Agree with you on Luke although I didn't hate the movie as much as you.  Even if I bought into the premise of Luke running away and hiding.  The true Luke would have left with...oh what's her name....crap I already forgot her name....anyway he would have left with her to help Leia.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 03:59:13 PM »

I hope I don't sound too terribly much like a prick from my prior post, but I really feel all the characters were made to look like failures. That doesn't sit well with me in the heroic adventures tales that SW emulates.

Jimmy T since 2001
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 12:19:26 AM »

1.  The Empire Strikes Back - Masterpiece
2.  A New Hope- Very, very close second
3.  Return of the Jedi- Didnt quite live up to the first two but still one of my favorite movies of all.
4.  The Force Awakens- Actually liked this one quite a bit.  My favorite character will always be R2D2, but Kylo Ren has become a strong second.
5.  The Last Jedi- Liked this one a lot too.  I found the whole business on Canto Bight tiresome, but find myself in the minority in my generation in that I actually was satisfied with the deconstruction aspects of the story.
6.  Solo- Really enjoyed this one, much more than the critics. 
7.  Rogue One - I liked this one a lot, but got kind of tired toward the end.  Although the scene with Vader viciously just tearing through that ship may be enough for me to raise this up a notch.  May have to think on this.
98.  Revenge of the Sith - Could have been a decent movie if someone else played Anakin.  And some one else wrote the screenplay.
99.  Attack of the Clones - See above.
100.  The Phantom Menace - An advertisement for Happy Meal toys set to a John Williams score.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS