HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:00:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CATWOMAN  (Read 2372 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 07, 2018, 03:13:34 PM »

So I had to check this out after the events of Batman and while I was not very happy with the way this started, it did get better as it went along.

The trouble with the first section, for me, was it was to hectic. Each page had anywhere from one to four panels dedicated to three different events and there was no order to their layout. So each page was kinda hard for me to stay with the flow as each panel pulled me away from the next ... if that makes any sense
 Undecided

However, once that stopped and we got into the comic proper (about 5 pages in) the story flowed much better and my enjoyment level increased. I really dug this book.

I skimmed through Joelle Jone's (this issues writer and artist) creator title, LADY KILLER and LADY KILLER 2 awhile back (and may still have them in my pile) but having never read them I was not sure what to expect from her on this title, other than I knew the art was going to be worth seeing, I mean  Grin but I did like her writing style ... once I got through that frustrating opening sequence.
 Undecided

Overall I like this issue and am looking forward to more.

7 outta 10 kittycats
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS