HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:46:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Refresher: Top 5 characters ever?  (Read 11051 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 06:07:12 PM »

MoonKnight
IronMan
Spider-man
Wolverine

its the 5th spot that i cant quite lock down...so many to choose; Mayday Parker, Hulk, Kitty, Machone, ROM, Sarigar & Jugger Grimrod from Alien Legion, Nightcrawler, X-23...i think i'll just stick to top 4  Grin
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 06:47:39 PM »

...so many to choose

I hear ya!!

Hell, I started this thing and I still have only filled in 2 spots that I feel comfortable filling of my top 5. How the hell I am going to pull 3 more Huh

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 08:42:16 PM »

I'm sticking to comic books here, but for the record, if I could include comic strip characters, Charlie Brown is taking the #2 spot.

1.) Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
2.) Captain America (Steve Rogers)
3.) Superman
4.) Iron Man (Tony Stark)
5.) The Incredible Hulk (Bruce Banner) (includes "merged", child-like savage, and Joe Fixit versions)

If I could make Iron Fist and Luke Cage fit into the same spot together, they'd take the #2 position.

Hopefully, I can break down the why's and how's on my list sometime soon.

(also, I just didn't read much DC as a kid. And yes, I like Batman, always thought he was damned cool, but there's parts of me that just go 'naw, that's too much. Dude is just a man.' That's why my favorite stories are seeing him fatigued, broken, exhausted, sick, but pushing through. I HATE the 'Batman is untouchable!' Batman. That's boring as spit to me.

I want to run through a church, shaking a tambourine while doing flips like I was an extra in The Blues Brothers, reading this!

I was thinking back on Batman: TAS and thought about Justice League/Justice League Unlimited... all classic animated series. But seeing Batman go toe-to-toe with a Darkseid or a Brainiac did nothing for me. It just made the villains look lamer IMHO that they couldn't take out some dude just really into science and Crossfit.

The Batman stories I liked more was him fighting that "Mad Bomber" dude - the one that put bombs on remote control cars and the Gray Ghost guest starred. Or taking on "Wormwood" who was a master of death traps. No major psych-hang-ups like his usual foes. (Yeah, they were nuts, just not super colorful ones.) I like those Batman stories more. Same goes for the comics too.

Unless we're talking about Batman: Brave and the Bold. That show was the exception, because those stories were all about "the crazier, the better." I mean, he teamed with Space Ghost and it was awesome.

Sorry, I don't mean to bash anyone that picked Batman for there list. Most people I know would have him on theirs, no question.

Jimmy's post had me on a tangent. Blame him, is what I'm saying here.  Grin
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »

1. Flash ... Barry Allen
2. Nightwing
3. Blink
4. Cyclops
5. Wonder Woman
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »

3. Blink

Oh yeah - great character.  On of my favorites too even though not in my top 5.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 03:01:40 AM »

What can I say: I got skills. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 01:12:09 AM »

this is harder than it sounds.

Captain America
Hulk
Firestorm
Colossus
I gotta say Spidey in the last spot (although these are in NO order whatsoever)

I grappled with characters like Green Lantern, Power Man/Iron Fist (i also count them as one), Flash, Thor and Silver Surfer. 

Cap and Spidey are on the list because i really identify with not just the hero side of the characters but the secret ID of each.  My personality is an amalgam of Peter Parker and Steve Rogers and their personalities.  I use humor as a sheild like Spidey but I have the guilt and sense of responsibilty of Peter Parker.  I have the "as long as there's life, there's hope" mentality of Steve Rogers and Cap.

The Hulk I have always just thought was cool.

I always thought Firestorms powers and look were super cool and the same with Colossus.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »

Firestorm

Oh man I forgot about Firestorm.  Easily on my top 5 list from back in my younger days.  Loved it when he joined the League back in the '80's.  That was the height of my love for the character.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 08:15:16 PM »

The Sentry
Captain Planet
3-D Man
Matter-Eater Lad
Squirrel Girl

Oh... waitaminnit..  I think I'm on the wrong thread...

Grin

EDIT:  Okay, seriously.....

I'm sticking to comic books here, but for the record, if I could include comic strip characters, Charlie Brown is taking the #2 spot.

1.) Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
2.) Captain America (Steve Rogers)
3.) Superman
4.) Iron Man (Tony Stark)
5.) The Incredible Hulk

I would agree with these (especially Charlie Brown), except perhaps swap Iron Man out for Wonder Woman or Batman.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:12:58 PM by Mitch » Logged

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2018, 04:26:28 AM »

The Sentry
Captain Planet
3-D Man
Matter-Eater Lad

Well yeah, duh der, Matter-Eater Lad!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS