HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:12:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Ditko, creator of Spider-Man and Dr Strange dies at age 90  (Read 2447 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 07, 2018, 02:56:07 AM »

Sad news.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/steve-ditko-dead-spider-man-creator-was-90-1125489

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 02:15:45 PM »

Yep, sad indeed.

The dude MADE Dr. Strange. Without Ditko's style, the good Doctor would be nothing. Sure everyone loves his Spider-Man stuff, and with good reason, absolutely, but Spider-Man would have survived just fan with any other artist at the helm (well, any other artist than Kirby of course; he couldn't draw a Spidey costume to save his ass  Cheesy) but Strange? That dude is alive today (comic alive, I mean  Cheesy) because of Ditko.

The Question?
Shade the Changing Man?
The Creeper?

Just look at those characters and you can see the visual impact that made them so alive. Yes, he also co-created so many other cool characters for Strange and Spidey's library, but the the artistic flare that made the above characters so grand was purely Ditko's style in drawing them.

THIS has been going around Twitter lately and I think it summarizes exactly what made his look, his style so important to those characters dealing with alternate realms or realities as a norm. Just falling men grasping at flowing words but, yeah, so damn cool
 Grin

Thanks Ditko!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS