HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:57:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: downtime  (Read 4475 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: June 24, 2018, 08:19:28 PM »

Well guys, it looks like i gotta go under the knife again.  I had a bad bout of abdominal pain and nausea and vomiting a little over a week ago and after a few tests down earlier this week, it would appear my gallbladder has decided to rise up against me.  I am scheduled for surgery Monday morning to get it removed.  I will be absentia for a few days, but I'll check in as soon as i am able to.  At least I should be able to catch up on my DVR and some reading for a few days afterwards.

Jedicow   

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 02:22:54 PM »

Oh man - sorry to hear this jedi - good luck today!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 02:30:21 PM »

Sorry to hear that...best of luck and a speedy recovery.
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »

Surgery was at 7:30 and I’m already back home at noon.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »

Surgery was at 7:30 and I’m already back home at noon.

Sounds like all went well?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 06:03:45 PM »

Wishing your speedy recovery is a healthy recovery!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 10:14:14 PM »

Well damn, sorry to hear

And then, damn, glad you're back home!!

I know I can no longer eat cheese or I go through a very similar thing, but your's sounds much more internal physical issue than my lactose issue. Hope they got it figured and you start getting back to it, brotha!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 01:06:47 PM »

4 days out and i've been up and about a little.  still really sore and i occasionally get a stitch in my side/back pretty bad but otherwsie I'm feeling ok.  Appetite is coming back slowly but surely.  I've read one book and half way through another, I haven't read any comics, I've binge watched 2/3 of the season of Black Lightening, the entire 5th season of Vikings, the first 8 episodes of the most current season of Supergirl, the first 6 episodes of the most current season of Arrow, I've watched Blazing Saddles, Taste the Blood of Dracula, and a documentary on Levon Helm.

up next, the next 2 episoides of Arrow, the first 8 episodes of Flash, and the first 8 episodes of Legends of Tomorrow so that I can then watch the crossover episodes.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 01:49:31 PM »

Silver lining of gallbladder surgery - catching up on all your show!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Glad your getting better - and catching up!   Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS