HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:57:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, July 11, 2018 - Free Slurpee @ 7-11 day!!!!!  (Read 5466 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 11, 2018, 01:29:59 PM »

Okay, I have to get through some Marvel this week. If nothing else the top five I have listed.
Best of luck, Perry
 Cheesy

Death of the Inhumans #1 (Donny Cates)
Cosmic Ghost Rider #1 (Donny Cates)
Dr. Strange #1
Dr. Strange #2
Dr. Strange #3
New Mutants: Dark Souls #5
Amazing Spider-Man #1 - Ouch, it's gonna be hard waiting to read this until after I read the ones above, but if I don't at least list them at the top, I may miss another week's deadline  Cheesy

Superman #1
Hawkman #2
Hal and the GLC #48 - only 3 more issue to go!!

Bloodshot: Salvation #11
Relay #1

and if I have time, only if, and if Dave hooks me up with a copy of his #50, I will also read try to read -
Flash #47
Flash #48
Flash #49
Flash #50

Maybe

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 08:31:58 PM »

Haven't got our free slurpee yet but the kiddo and I are planning on it momentarily!

ComiXology
Shadowman 2
Shadowman 3
Doctor Star & the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows 4
Black Hammer: Age of Doom 3
Black Hammer: Age of Doom 4
Quantum Age 1
Black Science 36
Death or Glory 1
Death or Glory 2
Descender 30
Gideon Falls 3
Lazarus 28
Oblivion Song 3
Saga 52
Southern Bastards 20
Walking Dead 180
The Wicked + The Divine 36

Marvel Unlimited
Astonishing X-men 7
Black Bolt 9
Guradians of the Galaxy 150
Hawkeye 14
Iron Fist 76
Phoenix Ressurection:  The Return of Jean Grey 2
Rogue & Gambit 1
Spider-Man 236
X-Men: Grand Design 2

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 09:38:45 AM »

So far, not a great start. Not in the amount read, but in the lack of fun.
 Undecided

Death of the Inhumans #1 - Art was not doing it for me. Gonna wait reading the rest of this
Cosmic Ghost Rider #1 - Same here. Art was more jarring in-fact, but got into it. Still ... same as above
Dr. Strange #1 - No issue with art here! Story though ... Hulk World? Starts very similar. I know it won't end up like that, but that was what this issue was, by in large. But still looking forward to more.

Superman #1 - Not bad, I guess, but way down the enjoyment level chart compared to Man of Steel
Tales of the LoSH #323 - Dawnstar centric story continues and the story was okay, but the issue was far too "Levitz'y".
But the last page ... where she loses her [innocence] "I know what is like to hate now ... to kill ... and I know what it is to love a man"
and then the heartbreak of Wildstar -
"Dawny ... who was he?"
"Just a man. He was kind to me"
and then in thought balloons Wildfire thinks -
"Kind? I'M kind to her! I'm ... I'm not a man ..." and he takes off flying through the stars
That is a page that I seem to really, really remember. No idea why, but I think that page spoke to me back in the day. Funny. I mean it was like a huge flashback. Really freaky
 Cheesy
But I can't wait until the two Legion titles (this Tales title and the Baxter title) converge back into one. Easier to read one Legion title, especially with the "old speak" so heavy
 Grin

Dr. Strange #2
Dr. Strange #3
Amazing Spider-Man #1

Hawkman #2
Hal and the GLC #48

Relay #1
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:05:37 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 04:06:20 PM »

Running slow also but mainly in amount reading.

ComiXology
Shadowman 2
Shadowman 3

Quantum Age 1
Black Science 36
Death or Glory 1
Death or Glory 2
Descender 30
Gideon Falls 3
Lazarus 28
Oblivion Song 3
Saga 52
Southern Bastards 20
Walking Dead 180

Marvel Unlimited
Astonishing X-men 7
Black Bolt 9

Hawkeye 14
Iron Fist 76
Rogue & Gambit 1
Spider-Man 236

Shadowman - I guess I’m just not a fan of this character.  I didn’t like the first series and this reboot hasn’t caught my interest.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »

Shadowman - I guess I’m just not a fan of this character.  I didn’t like the first series and this reboot hasn’t caught my interest.

Thank you, sir. I had felt the same way so I delayed trying this volume. As I now know to stay away, I can only say thanks for taking the bullet for me
 Grin

I'm getting sidetracked again
 Angry

DC Nation #2 - I enjoy this, but wondering, when I have so much to read, should I keep up with it?
Legion of Super Heroes #8
Legion of Super Heroes #9
Legion of Super Heroes #10
Legion of Super Heroes #11
- The art is much better here than in the sisiter title. Must be why they charged us more Smiley
Tales of the LoSH #324
Tales of the LoSH #325
- Okay, after this issue (starting with #326) this title becomes a reprint vessel. Reprinting the Baxter Paper stories (Tales #326 reprints LoSH #1, Tales #327 repreints LoSH #2, etc ... ) and as I am finally finished with the duality aspect of this endeavour and am now free to concentrate just on one LoSH title, I think, even with the Levitz speak, I will be able to better enjoy the LoSH proper going forward. Hooray!!

Multiple Man #1 - Although I feel I do have to read this (Had to/Have to find out how Jamie returned) I am questioning, once again, whether I need to add yet another mini-series to my list. Should I (like the other Marvel Mini's) just wait until they are completed and then read through? I mean it is too late for me to stop the New Mutants one, but this ...? I guess I will find out next month
 Undecided

Hawkman #2
Hal and the GLC #48

Dr. Strange #2
Dr. Strange #3
Amazing Spider-Man #1

Relay #1

Death of the Inhumans #1
Cosmic Ghost Rider #1
Dr. Strange #1

Superman #1
Tales of the LoSH #323

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 06:30:37 PM »

I have never liked Shadowman-ever. I have tried, but  I just do not like the book.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 06:43:01 PM »

I have never liked Shadowman-ever. I have tried, but  I just do not like the book.

Yeah, has anyone here ever tried the original? The 90's, Englehart/Shooter one?
He looks more "cape hero" there, going the opposite direction than he should go if you ask me ... which you didn't  Grin, but as I have never read it ... hey, it may be good
 Smiley
Not going to spend money to find out, but it may be good.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 09:33:05 PM »

I won't get through all of the ComiXology list today but I think I got through the best of the list with all of those great Black Hammer stories! 

ComiXology
Shadowman 2
Shadowman 3
Quantum Age 1

Black Science 36
Death or Glory 1
Death or Glory 2
Descender 30
Gideon Falls 3
Lazarus 28
Oblivion Song 3
Saga 52
Southern Bastards 20
Walking Dead 180

Marvel Unlimited
Astonishing X-men 7
Black Bolt 9
Hawkeye 14
Iron Fist 76
Rogue & Gambit 1
Spider-Man 236

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 01:24:11 PM »

I could've finished my list, easily, had I not gotten sidetracked again.
 Lips sealed
Decided to dedicate a full re-read through of Infinity Countdown, this time with tie-ins. Ya know, a typical Perry 'bad choice'
 Cheesy

Relay FCBD - WOW! I gotta read this again. Haha, Soooo lost! I think ... I think  Cheesy ... that this is a ... no ... I have to read this again  Cheesy Kinda parts "2001" and parts "Avatar" with some Galactus'ish thrown in as well. Very deep on first read, at least for my state of mind at the time. I got the gist, but want to really get it. Ya know?

Legion of Super Heroes #12 - Another "vote for the leader of the legion issue  Smiley
Hal and the GLC #47
Hal and the GLC #48
- Had to add #47 as I hadn't read it yet. Man this is some good Lantern stuff!!!

Infinity Countdown #1
Infinity Countdown #2
Infinity Countdown #3
Infinity Countdown: Daredevil
Infinity Countdown: Captain Marvel
Infinity Countdown #4
Infinity Countdown: Black Widow
Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #1
- Why oh why did I do this? Ugh! Okay, First of all I still hate what happened in issue #4 but not gonna talk about it until more guys get there  Undecided but these tie-ins are just ... ya know ... what can ya say? Same thing as always. Although Marvel is trying, at least as far as I can tell after the first issue (of four) Darkhawk tie-ins, to bring that character back into relevance, and as I was just starting to go away from comics, it is kinda nice reading about him. And although I didn't really enjoy the story of Captain Marvel, I will say I think this artist- Diego Olortegui, will be getting more work. A mix of current Greg Capullo with a hint of Juan Jose Ryp placed on cell animation. Just looked really cool and super clean. You should read that issue for that art when it hits MU.

Sorry guys, maybe next week =

Hawkman #2

Dr. Strange #2
Dr. Strange #3
Amazing Spider-Man #1

Relay #1

Death of the Inhumans #1
Cosmic Ghost Rider #1
Dr. Strange #1
Multiple Man #1 

Superman #1
Tales of the LoSH #323
DC Nation #2
Legion of Super Heroes #8
Legion of Super Heroes #9
Legion of Super Heroes #10
Legion of Super Heroes #11

Tales of the LoSH #324
Tales of the LoSH #325

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 04:28:21 PM »

Venditti quietly became one amazing Green Lantern writer. Although, I'm super curious what kind of writer Jurgens will be with the Corps.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 04:48:54 PM »

Venditti quietly became one amazing Green Lantern writer. Although, I'm super curious what kind of writer Jurgens will be with the Corps.

I'm sure he will be okay ... I hope not having Hal frees up a lot, really Smiley but I am really curious about Morrison's Hal a little more  Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 04:50:03 PM »

Ah yeah! I should have been more specific even! Morrison!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS