HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:34:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ANT-MAN AND THE WASP  (Read 7560 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 03, 2018, 02:44:13 PM »

Opens this weekend!  Anyone going to see it the first weekend?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 03:06:52 PM »

I'm hoping Sunday night.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 03:15:27 PM »

I'm on vacation next week hanging with the kiddo.  I'll likely take her on Monday or Tuesday during the day.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 02:34:32 AM »

Hey Perry, guess who's already seen it?
 Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 09:39:35 AM »

Grin

Cheesy
Back on top so soon?  Grin

Sadly it may be about a week before I get a chance, even though I am hoping to sneak in on Tuesday, it will probably be Thursday if the wife wants to go ... and she probably will ... SHE RUINS EVERYTHING FOR ME!!!
 Cheesy

At least I hear it is just as good if not slightly better than the last one. That is always a good thing!!!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »

I took next week off to hang with the kiddo so this is #1 on my list of stops.   Grin

We'll likely see it on Monday.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 07:18:11 PM »

Grin

WELL?Huh what did you think?
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 10:49:37 PM »

Loved it.  Great action.  Even laughed out loud in some places (in a good way  Cheesy ).

One of Marvel's best mid-credit scenes also.  Cool

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 11:37:58 PM »

Loved it.  Great action.  Even laughed out loud in some places (in a good way  Cheesy ).

One of Marvel's best mid-credit scenes also.  Cool

I agree.  We saw it last week too and liked it.  Mid credit scene made our jaws drop.  Last after credit scene is a throw away and if you have to go to the bathroom you can skip it.  But don't skip the mid credit scene.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 06:57:53 PM »

Okay, finally was able to get me ... AND THE WIFE available to go at the SAME TIME Angry ...  Cheesy but man I wish I would have saw Jeff's thoughts on the after credit scene before I went. I stayed for that?
 Grin

Good movie, but ya know ... I think I may like the first better. Hell, as crazy as it sounds ... this may be in my bottom 3 Marvel flicks really. I mean, it was fine, I did laugh, had fun with the mrs (and we were alone in the theater for the 12 o'clock viewing, wubbawubba!!) so we didn't have to be quiet at all, was able to laugh and joke and everything, but at the same time ... yeah ... I found some scenes to be a little too close to "network television"
 Undecided

Again, don't get me wrong, had a good time, worth seeing, but just not at or near the top of my list. Even still, happy to see that text line -
 "Ant-Man and the Wasp will return!"
at the end of the movie!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »

I agree, first one was better.  This is a good movie and fun to watch but not a must-see.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 03:16:30 AM »

I quite enjoyed it. I like going to some movies for enjoyment (Avengers 4 was awesome/huge/also cumbersome/somewhat long/a great payoff, but ...yes, without joy).

This sequel was a joy to see. I felt like it was polished vision and version of the 1st movie. While I do really enjoy the first movie alot, I still feel you can tell that 3 directors and 2 different writers touched it. This movie was a movie all to itself, and I actually loved not having to deal with Iron Man in this one; I didn't have to know everything going from what occurred in the other movies (although yes, they talked quite candidly about it, but the main emphasis was 'house arrest; don't mess up your future'). What I actually did kind of miss was seeing the shrunk world. The most you got was the Wasp fight in the kitchen, but nothing was quite as cool as the Thomas the Tank Engine fight scene of the first! Wink

There was cheap laughs, there was some goooood laughs, and I'm quite surprised at how Wasp did not take over the film, either on purpose, or through a weak Ant-Man. Her abilities, and her character, just seemed natural from the build from the first movie. Great handling there.

No, it's not Winter Soldier. Or Iron Man 1. Or GoTG 1 (or heck, even vol 2). But it's not Thor Dark World. It's not Incredible Hulk (sorry to always pick on you, Hulk!), or Iron Man 3.

ALSO-really high time to update that all time Marvel Movies and Comic Movies master lists!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 10:50:02 AM »

I agree it is no Iron Man 3 or poor, poor Hulk Cheesy, but I certainly like Thor 2 more, even though I know that movie is one that is most panned by critics and fans alike  Grin.

This was a fine, safe movie and there's nothing wrong with that, but I just wanted a tad more ... something. We all know Ant-Man is not going to be the uber powerhouse with massive implications, and thus I wanted it to play up more to what it can be, even more funny. Remember the last (or was it the one before that? DAMN YOU MARVEL!!!!) Ant-Man comic run? That is what I wanted. More ... Rudd
 Grin

However, what I do also believe is that Ant-Man 3, especially after that ending, may very well be one of the most important or impactful movies of them all
 Wink

I think ... yeah, I agree with Jimbo, it is time to redo my list. Who knows what I will change after all this time?
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS