HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:24:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, June 27, 2018  (Read 3857 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 27, 2018, 12:32:43 PM »

Got a $15 coupon on ComiXology so I grabbed almost all the Valiant comics I’m behind on.  Gonna have a great catch up week!

ComiXology
Armstrong and the Vault of Spirits 1
Bloodshot Salvation 8
Bloodshot Salvation 9
Ninja-K 3
Ninja-K 4
Ninja-K 5
Ninja-K 6
Ninja-K 7
Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe 1
Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe 2
Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe 3
Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe 4
X-O Manowar 13
X-O Manowar 14
X-O Manowar 15

Marvel Unlimited
Defenders 8
Generation X 85
Guardians of the Galaxy 149
FCBD Guardians of the Galaxy 2018
Luke Cage 168
Marvel 2-in-One 1
Mighty Thor 702
Old Man Logan 32
Doctor Aphra 15
Tales of Suspense 100
Uncanny Avengers 30
X-Men: Grand Design 1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 03:28:05 AM »

Got a $15 coupon on ComiXology so I grabbed almost all the Valiant comics I’m behind on.  Gonna have a great catch up week!

I used mine! Got
Black Hammer v2
East of West v7
Copperhead v3 (still 1 behind!)

Also, with the last of April Birthday money, I got

Invincible Ultimate Collection v12 (the end... Cry
Ninjak v5 (from the older series!)
Bloodshot USA (toldja I was behind!!!!)

Still want Ninjak v6, Bloodshot Salvation, Then I figure its to Generation 0 and Harbinger Renegade then.

Then more Ninjak and Bloodshot!

Then again, I'm back in original Hardcover versions of X-O Manowar needing v3 and on. REALLY behind.

I've also determined that I'm selling my Morning Glories HC. They haven't collected the last trades into a v4 to end 'season 2' and the artist has said Spencer has really had no communication with him since before December of last year, so I'm out! Secret Empire was so bad, I'm not even keeping your other stories!    Undecided Undecided Lips sealed

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 11:39:19 AM »

I've also determined that I'm selling my Morning Glories HC. They haven't collected the last trades into a v4 to end 'season 2' and the artist has said Spencer has really had no communication with him since before December of last year, so I'm out!

Yeah, that sucks they haven't put the last HC out yet. Also sitting on v1-v3 myself. Not sure why there has been no final HC other than perhaps the sales of the last one were so bad that the creative doesn't want to lose money printing the 4th, final one? I mean why else would they not do it?
 Angry

Going at a good clip so far this week with my reading -

Black Magic #8
Black Magic #9
Black Magic #10
- Damn it, Dave!!! Didn't give me issue #11 and issue #10 ends with one hell of a cliffhanger  Angry
Kill or Be Killed #20 - A great end to a great series.
or great Ends I should say
  Smiley
Analog #1
Analog #2
Analog #3
- And after starting out being mad at my boy, I have to also say thanks to him as he turned me onto, or forced me BACK into, this title. I had originally read issue #1 and it just didn't hit for me. It was well done, sure, but didn't grab me. Well after reading three issues in a row (Imagine that! Remember the three issue rule?), I now am really digging this Duggan book. Set in the future, the internet has crashed, putting every single secret about every single person out in the open for all to see. Now the value is once again in secrets that are not digital. Secrets on paper and other forms of media. Those that would be called "Analog" and this is the story of one "carrier" of secrets as he transports these analogs to and from his clientele. I am not making sound cool, but it is.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 12:48:52 PM »

Spent most of my time at Walmart trying to snatch up DC's exclusive 100 Page Giants  Undecided so didn't read as much as I had wanted yesterday
 Grin
Did get a couple more in over the past couple days however -

Quantum and Woody #0.00001  Grin
Quantum and Woody #1 - Finally decided to give this (current run) a try. starting well and love the art.
The Realm #2
The Realm #3
The Realm #4
- This is a combination Lord of the Rings meets ... meets ... any post apocalyptic tale  Cheesy. We follow a group consisting of modern versions of an Elf, a Wizard, etc .. as they battle orcs and goblins and some really cool designed "bosses"  Smiley A decent enough story that I almost needed to (and still may do) re-read the first issue to get why they are banning together in the first place. Hahaha, it has been so long since I read the first issue I have no idea why they are doing what they are doing.  Cheesy

Going to the shop today to grab Black Magic #11, well I will probably just read it there, so that is at least one more issue I will be reading this week, though I also need to read the latest X-O, more Realm as well as Q&W and this issue called Weatherman that seems to be getting a lot of talk around here, though I have no idea what it is or who is involved with it.

And damn ... I haven't read a DC or Marvel book in awhile!!!!  Shocked

Black Magic #8
Black Magic #9
Black Magic #10

Kill or Be Killed #20
Analog #1
Analog #2
Analog #3

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 01:52:36 PM »

Your doing way better than me.  With Mom in town my time has gotten sucked up.  Still hoping to get a lot of reading done today and tomorrow.

ComiXology
Bloodshot Salvation 8
Bloodshot Salvation 9

Ninja-K 3
Ninja-K 4
Ninja-K 5
Ninja-K 6
Ninja-K 7
X-O Manowar 13
X-O Manowar 14
X-O Manowar 15

Marvel Unlimited
Defenders 8
Generation X 85
Luke Cage 168
Marvel 2-in-One 1
Mighty Thor 702
Old Man Logan 32
Doctor Aphra 15
Tales of Suspense 100
Uncanny Avengers 30

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 02:21:34 PM »

Made a little more progress yesterday.

ComiXology
Bloodshot Salvation 8
Bloodshot Salvation 9

Ninja-K 3
Ninja-K 4
Ninja-K 5
Ninja-K 6
Ninja-K 7
X-O Manowar 13
X-O Manowar 14
X-O Manowar 15

Marvel Unlimited
Defenders 8
Generation X 85
Luke Cage 168
Marvel 2-in-One 1

Mighty Thor 702
Old Man Logan 32
Doctor Aphra 15
Tales of Suspense 100
Uncanny Avengers 30

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 04:08:04 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 09:08:51 PM »

A lot of progress so far today.  Hoping to finish up tonight.

REALLY liking the Ninja-K story arc!!  Definately gotta finish up issues 5-7 tonight!!

ComiXology
Bloodshot Salvation 8
Bloodshot Salvation 9
Ninja-K 3
Ninja-K 4

Ninja-K 5
Ninja-K 6
Ninja-K 7
X-O Manowar 13
X-O Manowar 14
X-O Manowar 15

Marvel Unlimited
Defenders 8
Generation X 85
Luke Cage 168
Marvel 2-in-One 1
Mighty Thor 702
Old Man Logan 32
Doctor Aphra 15
Tales of Suspense 100
Uncanny Avengers 30

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 09:55:12 AM »

REALLY liking the Ninja-K story arc!!  Definately gotta finish up issues 5-7 tonight!!

That is when it started getting really good for me.  Smiley  ANd I also enjoyed that last few issues of X-O you are about to hit. Man, Valiant, ya know? On a side note, I did not read much of Ninjak Vs. at all. I only read half of the first issue and then started to think it was just an adaption of the movie they are making (or have made) and put it down. I didn't want it to spoil the movie for me ... if it is that of course
 Cheesy

I stumbled at the finish line yesterday and didn't get any reading in, so sadly not much to add to my list other than -

Titans Special #1 - The only big two book I've read in about two weeks and it had to be this one? I was at the shop and decided to take a look. Loved everything until it got to the (younger) Steel and later the Ms. Martian part (which wasn't written badly) and I was out of it at that point. They may be loved, but I can't stand either character myself. If you enjoy those two characters (and Nightwing, Garth and Diana of course  Cheesy) then this book is the book for you.

Black Magick #11 - Forgot the "k" last time Cheesy This was just ok. Now the wait for 12.
The Realm #5 - Taking temporary refuge in a camp surrounded by nice safe walls  Grin, the crew get attacked by not only the Orcs(?) leader and his crew from the outside, but a new creature (that I know I once saw in an old Dungeons and Dragons monster manual  Cheesy) suddenly "bamfs" in and attacks from the inside! I still think I want to like this more than I do, but I am going to finish this arc, or at least give it the max 12 issue try and see where I end up with my thoughts on the title then.

Quantum and Woody #0.00001 
Quantum and Woody #1
The Realm #2
The Realm #3
The Realm #4

Black Magic #8
Black Magic #9
Black Magic #10

Kill or Be Killed #20
Analog #1
Analog #2
Analog #3

[/quote]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS