HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 09:09:35 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Priest interview  (Read 4456 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 19, 2018, 12:58:21 PM »

Really nice James Christopher "Priest" Owsley  interview

HERE

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 01:56:48 PM »

LOVED IT.

Remember when comic 'news' websites used to do things like this instead of conjectured click bait articles? This was fantastic. Love that writer.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 05:37:02 PM »

Ahhh, yes Jimmy, the good old days

Been loving most of the comic stuff that SyFy wire does. Lots of interviews and quick sketches with artist's ideas and thought processes, but this was one of the best.

And I also love how Priest gives credit to the guys before him, always nice to see that.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 07:12:27 PM »

i so want him to write (fix) IronMan or get a Namor series as i feel he is probably one of the few writers that could make his series work. 

While i am pretty far behind i am loving his Deathstroke and his Bat-man crossover sounds great.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 02:29:14 AM »

And I also love how Priest gives credit to the guys before him, always nice to see that.

Yeah, he's always done that. He's always done nothing but mad props to all before him. It's like he almost says that he copied Black Panther from everyone else, and is surprised when people like this stuff. Smiley

He knows he stands on the shoulders of others, and is only humbled to be honored at that peak.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »

i so want him to write (fix) IronMan or get a Namor series as i feel he is probably one of the few writers that could make his series work. 

Forgot to get back to this, but yeah, I would love to see him do Namor as well. It is such a hard character to tackle, being not quite Aquaman in so many ways, both good and bad.

Plus being underwater is such a hard sell, in any media form, that it makes it difficult to sell to us "air-breathing surface dwellers", so I would like to see something else. Underwater Namor and business Namor and hated Mutant Namor has been done. Let's see what Priest can do different!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS