HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 09:47:52 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC's Next CRISIS Event Coming from KING & MANN  (Read 3887 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: June 13, 2018, 08:53:24 PM »

borrowed from Newsarama

DC's Next CRISIS Event Coming from KING & MANN

Batman collaborators Tom King and Clay Mann are working on a new seven-issue DC Comics "murder mystery" event titled Heroes in Crisis. The series will center around Sanctuary - a trauma center for superheroes - that King has hinted at in various comic books and appearances. Heroes In Crisis plays off the DC event tradition of events with "Crisis in their name, and comes ten years after DC's Final Crisis.

"[Heroes in Crisis] will trace what happens when Sanctuary fails to adequately provide for its patients and what happens in the aftermath," according to THR.

Sanctuary will be founded by the DC Trinity of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman, and Heroes in Crisis will reportedly also feature Harley Quinn and Booster Gold as lead characters.

“I feel like I’m part of a rolling generation of people who spent their twenties overseas fighting terrorism," King said. "Millions of people cycle through that machine and come home to America. And I think that sort of experience of violence is shaping who we are as a culture, and as a country. And I want to talk about that. I want to talk about that experience, the experience of what violence can do to a person, to a community, to a nation, to a world."

King and Mann are scheduled to be joined by colorist Tomeu Morey and letterer Clayton Cowles.

Heroes in Crisis #1 is scheduled to debut September 26.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 09:11:08 PM »

Hmmmmm.  Booster Gold?  I'm in!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 02:31:22 AM »

I know we talked somewhere else about this 'Sanctuary' idea of King's.

It has me worried.

Too much realism within the comic realm can REALLY break down things to a point where it would only make sense for the Superhumans Registration Act to actually work out.

If you analyze the things that Bruce Wayne has done-and done to children!-he needs to be locked up, because he is a psychopath then. I don't want that much mental health shown.

Or, I'll be suprised by this Crisis. We'll see!

Jimmy T since 2001
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 12:57:15 AM »

If you analyze the things that Bruce Wayne has done-and done to children!-he needs to be locked up, because he is a psychopath then. I don't want that much mental health shown.

Co-signed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS