HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:22:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Patreon  (Read 3991 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 02, 2018, 12:35:40 AM »

So after many years of listening to podcasts for free, I finally decided to donate to one on a recurring basis through Patreon. There are many sites that I have thought about supporting (Comic Book Club, iFanboy and "Wait ... What?" just to name a few) and I have come close many times, but I just never pulled the trigger.

However, over the last few months or so, and never really knowing what day it is  Grin, I found I was constantly checking in on one site, just hoping for a new episode and realized I was always very happy when they updated and there was a new 3 hours or so worth of comic talk and/or interviews with creators for me to listen to.

11 O'Clock Comics got my money.

What was the straw that broke open my wallet? THIS episode. The Savage Sword of Conan one they recorded for their Patreon supporters a little while back (I think) and just posted for everyone to hear. Yep, I was enjoying them anyway, but they got me with Conan.
 Cheesy
There is also Amazing #800 and Man of Steel #1 talk that I have not yet listened to, but I got the first two hours in
 Wink
Having read Amazing already I now have to read Man of Steel before I finish the episode tomorrow ... hopefully finish it tomorrow I mean.

But anyway ... are there any podcasts that you guys support? Either on a continual, revolving payment or a one time sum every now and then?

And hey, if you don't mind people talking over each other from time to time and you have 8 freakin' hours, Weird Science - DC Comics is another site that I always try and listen to. Not for the full 8 hours mind you, but ...
 Smiley

But yeah, those are my top 5 comic podcasts that I enjoy the most, it seems.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 01:40:44 PM »

I have donated to iFanboy in the past and I regularly donate to No Agenda.  No Agenda is not a comic book podcast so probably not relevant to your question.

I used to listen to Under the Cover which only reviewed Image comics specifically.  I really liked that but alas, they stopped making episodes this year.   Undecided

I sometimes wonder if I had donated to them would they still be around?  Food for thought......

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 02:37:24 PM »

I deleted my last post.
I am not a fan of Curry and I got a little too verbose in relaying that.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 12:41:52 PM »

To a degree, I sort of don't like audio content. I'd rather read something at my faster pace than listen to someone (it's why I quit ESPN altogether.)
I like being directed at a specific interesting one (Perry, like the ones you directed at me after Bat v Super), but on the whole, not too often.
But I'll donate to NPR.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 06:39:55 PM »

I deleted my last post.
I am not a fan of Curry and I got a little too verbose in relaying that.
 Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 08:38:53 AM »

Cheesy
You must be talking about Curry's "Fear" of Math. Yeah, math. Doubts it value and validity  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS