HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 11:27:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 16, 2018  (Read 5787 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 16, 2018, 02:51:11 PM »

Wow.  Middle of May already.  I feel like I'm getting older every day.

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 595
Generation X 8
Jessica Jones 14
Master of Kung Fu 126
Moon Knight 188
Uncanny Avengers 29

ComiXology
Aquaman 36
Batman 47
Detective Comics 980
Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps 44
The Immortal Men 2
Justice No Justice 1
Justice No Justice 2
Mera: Queen of Atlantis 1
Mera: Queen of Atlantis 2
Mera: Queen of Atlantis 3
New Challengers 1
Oblivion Song 2
Red Hood & the Outlaws 22
The Wicked + The Divine: 1831 One Shot
The Wicked + The Divine 455 AD One Shot
The Wicked + The Divine 29
The Wicked + The Divine 30
The Wicked + The Divine 31
The Wicked + The Divine 32
The Wicked + The Divine 33
X-O Manowar 9
X-O Manowar 10
X-O Manowar 11
X-O Manowar 12

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 08:56:21 PM »

Continuing my horror reads this week -

Ice Cream Man #3 - A decent Twilight Zone'ish, old musician story.
Infidel #1
Infidel #2
Infidel #3
- Another book I wasn't going to read until I was forced ... "FORCED" I SAY!!!! ... into reading it, but daaaamn, once again, I am glad I had no choice in the matter.  Grin A real good human drama story with some great creep is what lies within these pages. A 5 issue mini well worth reading!! (At least so far)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 01:50:34 PM »

Marvel done. 

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 595 - Not sure what I think of Fisk as mayor but this title seldom disappoints.
Generation X 8 - Hate what they're doing with Monet.  Hope they fix it soon.
Jessica Jones 14 - Purple Man!!
Master of Kung Fu 126 - Man - that Master of Kung Fu issue was terrible.  Very disappointed.
Moon Knight 188 - I'm getting tired of the asylum stories but this one was still good.
Uncanny Avengers 29 - Not buying what happened at the end.  Seems out of character for the team.

ComiXology
Aquaman 36
Batman 47
Detective Comics 980
The Immortal Men 2
Justice No Justice 1
Justice No Justice 2
New Challengers 1
Oblivion Song 2
X-O Manowar 9
X-O Manowar 10
X-O Manowar 11
X-O Manowar 12

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 07:06:16 PM »

Master of Kung Fu 126

Man, I didn't even know this was a thing. I know the true MoKF ended for me at issue #120 (though some others may like the last five issues), but I honestly didn't know they made anything after #125 until you just said so.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 07:14:16 PM »

Master of Kung Fu 126

Man, I didn't even know this was a thing. I know the true MoKF ended for me at issue #120 (though some others may like the last five issues), but I honestly didn't know they made anything after #125 until you just said so.

It showed up in MU this week so I thought I'd give it a try.  Looks like it was a one-shot published last year.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 09:07:11 PM »

It showed up in MU this week so I thought I'd give it a try.

Sure! I'm just glad you saved me the time/money as had I known that puppy was out, I would have been the one that suffered through it.
 Grin

Knocked out a few more

Ice Cream Man #4 - Another "decent" issue and while that's not bad, I just have too much I want to read so yeah, I'm out
Redneck #7
Redneck #8
Redneck #9
Redneck #10
Redneck #11
Redneck #12
- Man, I got onto this title again as I was in a "horror" mood anyway, but once that Donny Cates dialog hits me I just can't stop. Now the wait until the third arc starts.  Angry

Ice Cream Man #3
Infidel #1
Infidel #2
Infidel #3

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 12:50:51 AM »

Redneck #7
Redneck #8
Redneck #9
Redneck #10
Redneck #11
Redneck #12
- Man, I got onto this title again as I was in a "horror" mood anyway, but once that Donny Cates dialog hits me I just can't stop. Now the wait until the third arc starts.  Angry

Great series.  I'm so glad you turned me on to it.  I'm only up to issue 11.  Gotta wait until next month for issue 12 to drop in price but it will be at the top of the read list when I get it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 12:14:32 PM »

Super glad you are digging it. I just can't wait for you guys at MU to get his Thanos arc. Man ... soooo good. Hope you all have not been spoiled on any aspects of that yet IE - the ending or who ... very slight story spoiler ...
Cosmic Ghost Rider is
because you find out pretty early, or at least at the halfway point, but it is a cool reveal.

I am a Donny Cates whore now.
 Cheesy

Cool thing he and Jason Aaron are really good friends (in fact Aaron is the one that got him to Marvel) and, as you are up to date for this part ... in issue #9 ...
Cates throws in a Southern Bastards reference. When ... crap forgot his name ... when .... AARRHHHH .... anyway ... go scan through issue #9 when two guys, Dave and .... DAMN IT ... were in the truck, if you read the radio broadcast ... yeah ... Southern Bastards.
You may have seen it. I didn't even catch it the first time, but was listening to a podcast with Cates and he discusses it. I had to run back through and look. Cates also talks about how although it was a neat idea, and he asked Aaron about it before to make sure he was okay with it happening, it doesn't make a lick of sense as they are in Texas and Southern Bastards is Alabama and there is no way that people in Texas would ... well, if you read it ('red' or 'reed' it  Cheesy), ya know what I mean.
 Cheesy

And I am also Glad Image does that sale thing. Good way to do it I think.
 Smiley
Although I do prefer those dollar days at Comixology a bit more, as I am sure we all do
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 01:24:59 PM »

I did catch that while I was reading it!  Made me laugh.  I didn’t even think about the Texas/Alabama aspect not making sense.   Cheesy

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 09:36:20 PM »

Justice League: No Justice #1
Wonder Woman #46
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 07:01:48 PM »

Moving a little slow with lots of honey do's to take care of last weekend.

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 595 - Not sure what I think of Fisk as mayor but this title seldom disappoints.
Generation X 8 - Hate what they're doing with Monet.  Hope they fix it soon.
Jessica Jones 14 - Purple Man!!
Master of Kung Fu 126 - Man - that Master of Kung Fu issue was terrible.  Very disappointed.
Moon Knight 188 - I'm getting tired of the asylum stories but this one was still good.
Uncanny Avengers 29 - Not buying what happened at the end.  Seems out of character for the team.

ComiXology
Aquaman 36
Batman 47
Detective Comics 980
The Immortal Men 2
Justice No Justice 1
Justice No Justice 2

New Challengers 1
Oblivion Song 2
X-O Manowar 9
X-O Manowar 10
X-O Manowar 11
X-O Manowar 12

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 01:25:12 PM »

What WAS a fast start, calm to a screeching halt (or at least an extreme drop in velocity). Didn't get a lot more done
 Undecided

I did read the first issue of Garth Ennis new Aftershock comic called A WALK THROUGH HELL, but I was so tired that I got to the end and had no idea whatsoever what I had just read, couldn't even remember the characters, so I need to re-read that one all the way through again.

Other that that -

Master of Kung Fu #72 - Jeff brought the ole MoKF title up again and reminded me I have quite a few issues of that title to read. I got off my butt and read this issue and had plans on getting to issue #73 but ... nope. Even still this was a cool issue featuring Shockwave (whom I had forgotten was related to the head honcho, Sir Denis Nayland Smith!!). Yep good stuff.
Plus, I bet it was a lot more fun than the issue Jeff had to suffer through
 Wink

The Dead Hand #1
The Dead Hand #2
- Kyle Higgins new comic that is getting a lot of attention. The end of #2 tells why. Good stuff
Harbinger Wars II Prelude - And speaking of getting attention, this book got mine. This may be even better than the first go 'round. Looking forward to this event, even though I am sooo behind on both X-O and Ninjak (How in the hell did THAT happen?)
 Angry

Ice Cream Man #3
Ice Cream Man #4
Redneck #7
Redneck #8
Redneck #9
Redneck #10
Redneck #11
Redneck #12

Infidel #1
Infidel #2
Infidel #3

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »

What WAS a fast start, calm to a screeching halt (or at least an extreme drop in velocity). Didn't get a lot more done
 Undecided

Same here.  I didn't make any further than I have listed on my last post.  Mainly because I've been watching a lot of playoff hockey.  With Memorial Day coming up I'm thinking I'll get further along on the next list.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 07:31:43 PM »

Jesus, I really need to slow my typing.
"...calm" to a screeching halt?
Perry, jeez, slow down, man.
 Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS