HR Boards
October 18, 2018, 01:29:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Halloween premieres in theaters October 19, 2018!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men  (Read 353 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 16, 2018, 08:57:51 AM »

Astonighing X-Men gets a new roll call in July and I like it!  Of course, I'm NOT excited about seeing Greg Land on as the artist but I can tolerate it if the story is good.  And this should be a fun cast of characters to see together.  Might even remind me of the X-Men of old....(If only I didn't have to wait until January for it to hit MU)

ASTONISHING X-MEN #13
MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • GREG LAND (A/C)
Variant Cover by Rob Liefeld
VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEODATO JR.
A NEW ERA BEGINS NOW!
The Reavers are back, and they have a new weapon that only Havok knows about. It’s going to take a ragtag group of X-Men to save a world that hates and fears them! But after his villainous turn, can any of the X-Men really trust him? Can he blame them? Havok! Beast! Dazzler! Warpath! Colossus! It’s an all-new, all-different kind of X-Men story from the minds of Matthew Rosenberg (PUNISHER) and Greg Land (INCREDIBLE HULK)!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »

Greg Land has gotten a lot less Greg Land like over the past two or three years. I still find him frustrating on occasion, but nowhere near like before. His last two books, I have really enjoyed, art wise. Something I never thought I would say again.
 Shocked
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 12:29:14 PM »

Greg Land has gotten a lot less Greg Land like over the past two or three years. I still find him frustrating on occasion, but nowhere near like before. His last two books, I have really enjoyed, art wise. Something I never thought I would say again.
 Shocked

You know - I just realized Greg Land did this cover I posted.  I should have noticed right away with the way Dazzler's face is drawn.  But when I posted it I really liked this cover.  Maybe that bodes well when you factor in your observations.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS