HR Boards
May 27, 2018, 12:28:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NOOOOoooo!!!  (Read 47 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 08, 2018, 05:12:45 AM »

So things were looking good for the X-Men and the FF to return home to Marvel with the news that Fox is close to signing a deal with Disney that would allow Disney to own Fox Entertainment and thus all the Marvel movies that they currently hve the rights to. Just the entertainment side of things, not the business or news side of Fox.

Well now Comcast, F'n Comcast, is trying to bust in and take over the sale from Disney. They have offered a larger cash buyout for Fox Entertainment and if accepted would mean Disney would be left with nothing and grasping at dust ... and ... no Fantastic Four film
 Angry
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 09:05:11 AM »

Not gonna happen.  The Mouse is going to get Fox.  I imagine Comcast isn't going to pony up the 14 billion, or whatever it was that Fox wanted from them the first time around that they declined to give, in guaranteed money should the deal fall through due to the Feds putting the kibosh on it.  They are having to borrow the 60 billion in cash to begin with, they won't borrow 14 billion if they lose.  Disney doesn't have to borrow shit.  Disney could buy Fox for cash if it wanted.  And it will want to, guaranteed.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 09:38:49 AM »

Disney was offering a stock buyout, Comcast offered 53 Billion cash.
At least that is what the report this morning at 4 AM stated
 Smiley

Not that Disney COULDN'T match Comcast cash wise, it is still Comcast trying to sneak in that could throw a wrench in the  damn thing.
Fox is waiting to see if the Feds allow the other exchange with Comcast to happen. Again, just tying crap up.
 Angry

Do I think Disney will lose out? No, probably not, as long as the current administration doesn't try and step in because they are still butt hurt, but this could delay the signing on the deal that was so close to wrapping up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS