HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:27:17 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The DC ... U?  (Read 30154 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2020, 03:32:58 AM »

That's weird.  I don't have that issue on my iPad.  What device are you using?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2020, 01:31:19 PM »

A 5 year old android free tablet from Verizon. Cheesy

I may just do a re-install as it drives me crazy.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2020, 09:37:19 PM »

Just posted a polo on the comics interface when I suddenly, right before eating, that you were talking about the entire interface, Jeff. Not the comic reading interface.
 Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

Yeah, Marvel's seems more ... fluid, but it isn't a deal killer for me. I click play to watch the shows and click the screen to read the comics. As long as that works I am okay with it. Although there does seem to be a little less things to work around to get certain things like reading lists and DLs ... but that maybe just that I'm not used to it.
 Grin

Will be getting Marvel next month ... or maybe after that anyway (If I can only wait on some of the damn titles!!!)

Okay, wife is hungry, gotta go!
Be back soon to yak at ya Jimmy!!
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2020, 01:33:05 PM »

JEEZ, Jeff, you may have been even more right that you thought.

This DC Universe is killing me.

Like I said, I have no issues with the Android side of the app, seems find, but there are a couple things I am not sure about. However, the desktop side? My word, this is crap!!

I am trying to add more Wonder Woman comics to my download to read later section, that doesn't really exist on their platform  Angry and it is impossible to do on a desktop. There is literally no "Download" section to find when I am at my desktop. I see it in the app, but nothing here. I looked for almost an hour. Nothing!!!

Angry Angry Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2020, 02:35:29 PM »

Marvel unlimited side of the website is absolutely shit as well.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2020, 12:14:31 AM »

Marvel unlimited side of the website is absolutely shit as well.

Yeah, gonna have to DL the app for both to use on my desktop now that you can get things from the app store on your windows OS now.
No other choice it seems, although I haven't tried Marvel I can image it is about the same.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2020, 02:54:59 AM »

I just added DC..U.

At first glance I hate the app for adding and searching for comics. But that's lame of me.

BUT!!!!

They have all of James Robinson's Starman on there!! If there is any pinnacle of amazingness in comics, it's this run. Oh, you should read it.!!!

And...I just haven't been able to add Bendis' Superman books. I just...even to just read and 'know' whats going on, I just can't add it in yet.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2020, 01:14:58 PM »

I just added DC..U.

Sweet!

At first glance I hate the app for adding and searching for comics. But that's lame of me.

No, that's not lame of you. The more and more I [try] to use it, the more I get aggravated. Already sent about 4 requests for changes.
Adding items to read offline, downloading them to your downloaded, is a pure pain in the ass. The only thing good about it so far, other than being able to read the comics offline of course, is that they seemed to have changed the amount you can DL at one time. I think it used to be 5 comics that you could download ... I think it was, back when I read Manhunter ... Hell, I don't remember but I think so, anyway, you can now download at least 25 comics. Maybe more. I know I got about 7 or 8 issues of Perez's Wonder Woman, John's Flash and his JSA and I grew tired and stopped at 25 comics.

The true pain is when I get done with say ... Flash 175 or whatever number it is, having to go back to get more is a pain as you have to first search Flash, then series, then the year you want, then in order to get to my next issue ... 176 say, I have to scroll down through all of Waid's issues first. I can never remember to just search the issue number, hahaha, maybe I should try that to see if that works?
Luckily once you get the issue you need downlaoded, you can look of the bottom of that page and find the next issues to get. They do have that at least.
 Cheesy

I tired to get the app on my computer, but no dice. It is totally useless on the desktop unless I am watching a show or movie.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2020, 03:04:35 PM »

The true pain is when I get done with say ... Flash 175 or whatever number it is, having to go back to get more is a pain as you have to first search Flash, then series, then the year you want, then in order to get to my next issue ... 176 say, I have to scroll down through all of Waid's issues first. I can never remember to just search the issue number, hahaha, maybe I should try that to see if that works?
L

THAT.

THAT is what pisses me off. I'm trying to just search the grand library, takes forever to load, I find a title, go in, look for my issue number (again, poor loading and scrolling), I add it in, back out...and I'm back at the first A title? I have to scroll down to J for Justice League again? ARGH

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »

Yep. Same complaints here. I’d probably use it more if it had a better interface.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2020, 10:15:50 PM »

As I've said about everything with the Unlimited as well; hire some 3rd year college guys to fix your damned app. Searching and backing out of menus shouldn't reset your damn page. It's not that damned hard. Netflix does just fine with it!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2020, 04:29:02 PM »

WooHoo
DCu is now DC Universe Infinite!!

I don't care about the name, will probably still call it DCU (although I guess it isn't a struggle to add the "I" and go DCUI  Grin) but the biggest news for me -

1 - Comics released to the LCS will now be uploaded after every 6 months instead of the 12 months they were!!!!!
2 - Black Label comics will now be able to be up there for us to see!!!

There is also going to be new titles released to us, subscribers, before they hit the stores. Not sure how big those will be but hey, a nice addition I suppose!!

Bad news, for some, is the new DCUI will no longer be up for your Roku, Apple TV and XBox viewers. Now I won't say that is because they could never get work a deal with Sony and the PS4 so they decided to kill the whole thing, but that helped play a role I would assume.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2020, 05:36:19 PM »

YESSS!!N 6 MONTHS ONLY!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2020, 06:06:51 PM »

YESSS!!N 6 MONTHS ONLY!!

This is GREAT news!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS