HR Boards
May 26, 2018, 12:28:19 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the latest PREVIEWS!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The DC ... U?  (Read 139 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 02, 2018, 05:20:14 PM »

Just found this on BC that DC is getting ready to start "DC Universe". At first glance, it appears to be similar to CBS All Access, but for DC shows. However, I am crossing my fingers that it could also mean the start of the eagerly awaited DC Unlimited or similar digital subscription service.

As they say (and I bolded the interesting part) ... " DC Universe is a first-of-its kind, immersive digital experience designed just for DC fans. One of the many incredible things your membership will include is unlimited access to the following exclusive original series."

"ONE OF ... "? I am crossing my fingers and toes, but for now I just signed up to be kept in the loop.

If you would also like to do the same, just click HERE and sign up for updates.

Again, it could just be for the tv aspect, but if not ... OH if not ...  Cool

OH and Swamp Thing?!!!!
 Smiley

EDIT - okay, now they are just messing with me. They are giving me great hope now by doing this - as of today, DC has canceled its digital code that was included in their $3.99 books?
HERE
I mean, come on ... that is just too coincidental, yeah? I mean, doesn't that just lean towards a DCUnlimited?
 Smiley
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 05:25:05 PM by Perry » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 08:06:39 AM »

I signed up for updates as well.  I can only hope it does what Marvel Unlimited does.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »

I signed up for updates as well.  I can only hope it does what Marvel Unlimited does.

Me too. I will join both Marval and DC (at launch) if that is the case and be glad it happened when it did.

That would free me up to just having to buy Hardcovers of the best Image has to offer.

(Of course I say that, but I know I will still buy those 99 issues of certain titles when they go on sale at Comixology. Like getting a complete set of LoSH, FF, and a few more titles I think are worthy of "owning" digitally)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »

I thought the same thing when I saw that announced. Finally, digital comic Service from DC! I suppose I should sign up for updates just in case it does change to that.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 06:26:48 AM »

Still waiting ....

Angry
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 06:43:14 AM »

Still waiting ....

Angry

...and your one month closer to death.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 06:48:19 AM »

... every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time ...
 Wink
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:57:05 AM »

Think I found an (unofficial) update on Reddit and it seems this Digital service, IF there is one (and it looks promising), will not be until the Fall ... maybe Winter.
 Undecided

Also that Tom King is contracted to be on Batman until #106

The "Black Label" line of comics will be coming in the Fall

Grant Morrison IS doing something, and soon (and with Hal ending at #50, it's gotta be GL right?)  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS