HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:20:02 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 25, 2018  (Read 4921 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 25, 2018, 02:47:30 PM »

Looks like a DC kind of week....

ComiXology
The Wicked + The Divine TPB Vol 4
Action Comics #1000
Aquaman 35
Batman 45
Detective Comics 979
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 43
Justice League 43
Mister Miracle 8
Super Sons 15
The Terrifics 3
Titans Annual 2
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 2 - went ahead and picked up as many as I could before the sale ends tomorrow.

Marvel Unlimited
All-New Guardians of the Galaxy 12
Cable 150
Doctor Strange 26
Luke Cage 166
Mighty Thor 700

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 04:12:44 PM »

Keeping my list short this week as I am going to try ... TRY and get some back issues read this week. And I mean both the back issues of the magazine BACK ISSUE I have yet to read AND some regular comic back issues.
 Cheesy
However, I am not sure what bac ... older stuff I will end up reading, so I am just gonna list the new stuff I am going to try and get to this week and fill out the rest as we go
 Wink

Justice League #41
Justice League #42
Justice League #43
The Terrifics #3

Avengers #690 (the end of the weekly run and the set-up for Jason Aaron's Fresh Start I suspect)
Dr. Strange #389 (last Damnation tie-in)
Damnation #4 (last Damnation)
Moon Knight #194
Thanos Annual (the last issue of Cates amazing run  Cry)
Thor #706

And actually, there is a lot more on this list than I originally thought Sad
10 comics is not going to lend itself for having time to be "knocking out" a lot of older back issues
Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 09:05:24 PM »

DC almost done!

ComiXology
Action Comics #1000
Aquaman 35
Batman 45
Detective Comics 979
Justice League 43
Mister Miracle 8
Super Sons 15
The Terrifics 3
Titans Annual 2

The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 2 - went ahead and picked up as many as I could before the sale ends tomorrow.

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 150
Doctor Strange 26
Luke Cage 166
Mighty Thor 700

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 01:10:05 PM »

Justice League #41
Justice League #42
Justice League #43
- A decent story that, well, gets me excited for Snyder's run and sad that Priest is gone.
The Terrifics #3 - As I've said, a nothing issue, kinda.

Avengers #690 - And its over!!!
Dr. Strange #389
Damnation #4
  And so is this, but I enjoyed this one a lot!!
Moon Knight #194 - A good young Marc story
Thanos Annual
Thor #706

Old Man Hawkeye #4 - Enjoying this, but may put it down until I get more issues. Reads better.
Space Punisher #2
Space Punisher #3
Space Punisher #4
- Ha! Finally finished this damn mini. I remember that I rolled my eyes when it first came out, but this was pretty fun as an "elseworlds" story (apologies to DC for stealing that name)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 12:12:40 AM »

Just you guys wait until I can post about what I've read for the last 2 weeks! I love comics, honest!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »

Can't wait, buddy!!
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 02:14:28 PM »

Going to try to get through the Wicked + Divine book today.  Doubt I'll get to Sixth Gun in time.

ComiXology
Action Comics #1000
Aquaman 35
Batman 45
Detective Comics 979
Justice League 43
Mister Miracle 8
Super Sons 15
The Terrifics 3
Titans Annual 2

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 150
Doctor Strange 26
Luke Cage 166
Mighty Thor 700

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 07:18:17 PM »

Finished.

Justice League #41
Justice League #42
Justice League #43

The Terrifics #3

Avengers #690
Dr. Strange #389
Damnation #4

Moon Knight #194
Thanos Annual - IE: Thanos #1,000. Lots of stories, but told through Cosmic Ghost Rider. Pretty good
Thor #706 -
Awww ... what a rip. She doesn't die? Well she does but ... instantly brought back
Old Man Hawkeye #4
Space Punisher #2
Space Punisher #3
Space Punisher #4

No telling what I will hit tonight
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 08:05:06 PM »

Darn it.  I looked at your spoiler without thinking.    All well - I probably wouldn't have made it six months anyway without finding out.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 02:32:20 PM »

Darn it.  I looked at your spoiler without thinking. 

Oh darn it. Sorry man  Sad I shouldn't have put it there. Should have left that for the Thor thread itself I think

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »

Darn it.  I looked at your spoiler without thinking. 

Oh darn it. Sorry man  Sad I shouldn't have put it there. Should have left that for the Thor thread itself I think

Nah that’s on me.  I should know better.   Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS