HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:55:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Venom  (Read 10909 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »

Ok or an 11 year old?  My daughter keeps begging me to let her watch it.

I would say no. But it is close.

It has no sex ... that I can remember  Cheesy just a scene of
them hinting about it at dinner and then them back at the crib kissing passionately, followed by them sleeping and then waking up the next day
and I don't remember too, too much cursing, I am sure there was a lot if I think hard enough to remember (sadly, like most people I am getting too accustomed to the language of the dolt ... And I am including myself in that description  Cheesy) But the main thing I would worry about, even though the blood level was not that high considering all the decapitations, loss of limbs, etc ... ya know, typical Venom stuff  Cheesy ... is the one scene where ... lets just say there was a person that had to endure a lot of pain. That scene alone may just be too intense for someone that age.

That being said, everyone is different and her maturity level may be high enough to handle it. I know my best friends daughter would be fine watching it, as she is like a 30 year old  Cheesy and another whose kid would be fine as he has let his son watch worse  Undecided, but I know of one other kid who I have 100% faith would struggle with the movie and not just due to that one scene I was talking about. And the scene is not THAT big a deal. It goes by pretty darn fast, but I think ... just think ... if I was say ... 10 years old ... that scene would have gotten to me.
 Cheesy
Maybe.

Unfortunately, I think it is going to have to come down to you watching it first and then making the call. I can see you letting her watch it without having any issue or problem, but then again I would hate for you to get mad at me when that scene (or something else I have forgotten) hits and you suddenly get fire in your eyes.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Besides, there are much better films for her to watch  Cheesy

(Just to sidetrack for a second, I watched that New Shane Black "The Predator" movie and almost half way through I am asking "Why is everyone hating on this movie? I think it is awesome". It was fun, high action, well acted, everything was good. And then a little bit later, about halfway through the movie it happened. Not just one or two, but ALL the wheels just fall off the engine and it suddenly becomes the train wreck everyone says it is ... I was so pissed)
 Angry Angry Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 01:58:39 AM »

Thanks for the info Perry.  I'll watch it without her and then decide but based on what your saying I'm betting it's a no-show for my gal.  She likes to think she is older and more mature than she really is.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS