HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:22:15 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avengers Infinity War  (Read 25228 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 11:13:34 PM »

Ok I’ll get you started.  What did you not like about the after credits scene?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 11:55:19 PM »

I'm curious as well.  Saying, "don't get me started", you may as well have handed us the end of your string to pull.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 12:19:43 AM »

Ok I’ll get you started.  What did you not like about the after credits scene?

I'm curious as well.  Saying, "don't get me started", you may as well have handed us the end of your string to pull.

Cheesy

The fact it was nothing.
Okay, yeah, we get to see Nick and ... Colby get caught in traffic when almost getting hit by another SUV, then after agent what's her name (damn i can't remember her name) goes ashes to ashes, dust to dust, Fury hits his super pager and almost got the word mother fucker out before turning to dust himself while we get to see that super pager is making a call and now has an 8bit symbol of Captain Marvel on it? Yawn.
I avoided spoilers for two days, I want to an 8:00 AM showing on (essentially) opening day so I would not get spoiled by this "Great" ending credits scene and THIS is what it was?
BAH.
Pffft.
Piss on that.
Angry
Worst end credit scene of any Marvel movie.
 Tongue

EDIT -
MARIA HILL!!! Damn I couldn't remember her name for anything
Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 11:28:27 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 02:47:27 AM »

I'm curious as well.  Saying, "don't get me started", you may as well have handed us the end of your string to pull.

Cheesy

The fact it was nothing.
Okay, yeah, we get to see Nick and ... Colby get caught in traffic when almost getting hit by another SUV, then after agent what's her name (damn i can't remember her name) goes ashes to ashes, dust to dust, Fury hits his super pager and almost got the word mother fucker out before turning to dust himself while we get to see that super pager is making a call and how has an 8bit symbol of Captain Marvel on it? Yawn.
I avoided spoilers for two days, I want to an 8:00 AM showing on (essentially) opening day so I would not get spoiled by this "Great" ending credits scene and THIS is what it was?
BAH.
Pffft.
Piss on that.
Angry
Worst end credit scene of any Marvel movie.
 Tongue

yeah, OK, I get that.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 10:11:55 AM »

yeah, OK, I get that.

Now don't get me wrong, had I not been ... forced into over-excitement over the darn thing, it wouldn't have bothered me. I still wouldn't have found it worthy of staying JUST to see that, I mean I would still have stayed, but, yeah, it was just so mundane that I shoulder shrugged along with half the theater (which there were only about 20 of us ... man I love that theater!!!) while the other half was asking "what was that?", which I guess is good, get them asking and hopefully investigating, I suppose.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 02:31:02 PM »

Definitely sounds like it was high expectations.  I felt that way on the first Avengers which is why I think them just sitting around eating sandwiches is the worst after credits scene.  At least this one went along with the story even though it wasn't necessary.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 04:23:23 PM »

Definitely sounds like it was high expectations.  I felt that way on the first Avengers which is why I think them just sitting around eating sandwiches is the worst after credits scene.

I hear ya, but at least that one was an afterthought. I mean, you can't even see Caps face because he had already started growing a beard for another role, so they hid his chin behind his hands the entire time.
 Cheesy

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 10:27:37 PM »

i dont think i will ever be able to see a racoon and not say rabbit.

I dont know what it says about me but I laughed ever time
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 02:12:52 PM »

i dont think i will ever be able to see a racoon and not say rabbit.

I dont know what it says about me but I laughed ever time

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I laughed every time too.

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 05:36:56 PM »

Saw it last night for the first time and felt a little underwhelmed by it.  Undecided  It would rank it somewhere in the middle for me.

THE GREAT:  Can't recall any great "crowining moments of awesome" from the movie but some things were great.
1)  Seeing Dr. Strange finally letting loose with his powers.
2)  The cool "Chekov's gun / brick joke" element of having Red Skull finally show up as the keeper of the Soul Stone.
3)  Rocket eyeing Bucky's arm.  Cheesy
4)  Thor is not only a total badass in this movie, he's also consistently hilarious doing it.

THE GOOD:
1)  The moments between Thanos and Gamora were well done.  Thanos was a decent villain.
2)  Finally seeing the respective powers of infinity stones specifically manifested instead of  just being vague McGuffins and exotic power sources
3)  Peter Dinklage raises the quality of any scene he's in.  I was slightly irritated that they cast him as a dwarf but at least he was a very big one.

THE OKAY:
1)  I like T'Challa's little sister, but she's veering dangerously close to Mary Sue territory with her godlike technical genius.
2)  With the exception of Thanos & Gamora and little bits with Thor, character development didn't really happen with so many heroes jammed into the plot.
3)  Humor was spotty.  Thor was consistently funny in his moments, but I thought the funny moments with the Guardians felt forced and not as natural as in their own movies.  Also, Peter is a scientific prodigy but seems to only come up with plans involving "a really old movie" - we did this already.
4)  Thanos sought to control all of the infinity stones to... control excess population growth.  ...  In an infinite universe.   Roll Eyes   Suspending my disbelief and placing this one in the "okay" category here instead of below.

THE BAD:
1)  I love the Guradians but I found myself irritated by them in most of their scenes.  Star-lord is an immature jerk with a heart of gold -yeah, I got that already.  Drax is big, strong, and stupid- yeah, I got that too.  Manitis is...etc, etc.  Even though it was fun to see them working with eveyone else, I was disappointed with their lack of dimension and the forced humor here.
2)  I don't like Puny Banner and I like Mark Ruffalo even less.  When I buy a ticket to see the climax of the MCU, I want to see Hulk tearing stuff up, not Ruffalo's puffy little face peeking out of Hulkbuster armor.  If they were only going to show Banner, they should have left him in the palace taking algebra lessions from Shuri.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:39:32 PM by Mitch » Logged

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2018, 07:24:45 PM »

Saw it last night for the first time and felt a little underwhelmed by it.  Undecided  It would rank it somewhere in the middle for me.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Well, allrightythen
 Smiley

Can't wait to see which 8 MUM's you put above this one.  Smiley

THE BAD:
1)  I love the Guradians but I found myself irritated by them in most of their scenes.  Star-lord is an immature jerk with a heart of gold -yeah, I got that already.  Drax is big, strong, and stupid- yeah, I got that too.  Manitis is...etc, etc.  Even though it was fun to see them working with eveyone else, I was disappointed with their lack of dimension and the forced humor here.
2)  I don't like Puny Banner and I like Mark Ruffalo even less.  When I buy a ticket to see the climax of the MCU, I want to see Hulk tearing stuff up, not Ruffalo's puffy little face peeking out of Hulkbuster armor.  If they were only going to show Banner, they should have left him in the palace taking algebra lessions from Shuri.

While I can see what you mean with number one (though I don't agree 100% I can understand ... to an extent), I totally disagree with your number 2.
But hey, that is why we are all different. Can't all like the same stuff, right?
 Smiley

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2018, 09:30:06 PM »

how did you guys feel about the
return of Herr Skull

took me by surprise and was happy to see the character as it opens up new story possibilities.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »

how did you guys feel about...

Took my totally by surprise, first off, and yeah, I think this means we will be seeing said character down the line soon. Say in yet another Brubaker story put to film? Perhaps?
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »

And spoiler for both this movie AND the recent Guardians of the Galaxy comic ... so maybe not read this if you are reading GotG on MU ... at least until you get to the end of that last arc ...

But I am betting that, like in the comic, Gamora is now trapped in the Soul Gem ... damn it ... Soul STONE  Roll Eyes

And to go a little further in thought, that is and Spoiler for the movie only -

It is almost certain that Thanos' location, at the end of the movie, when he is a happy farmer, is much like the comic, is in the Soul Stone. When they show him at his farm house, that sky is almost the same color as the Gem  *sigh* Stone itself. But what intrigues me is how they will work with that idea (if true) that people are inside the Gem itself. Will people accept that idea? I mean, non-comic fans of course.
 Smiley

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2018, 03:50:23 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Well, allrightythen
 Smiley

Can't wait to see which 8 MUM's you put above this one.  Smiley

The 3 Captain America movies, the 2 Guardians movies, the first Iron Man, and the first Avengers movie.  So there's 7 off the top of my head for sure.  Probably Dr. Strange.  Maybe Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Look, I didn't hate the movie.  In its defense, it's really only half of a movie anyway so maybe it will grab me a little differently after I see the rest of it when it comes out.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS