HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:13:54 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 18, 2018  (Read 9288 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 18, 2018, 03:01:56 AM »

I’m ready to start reading!

ComiXology
Jessica Jones: Alias TPB Vol 4
Astro City 1
Astro City 2
Astro City 3
Astro City 4
Astro City 5
Astro City 6
Pilot Season: The Core 1
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 1 - going to re-read to refresh my memory then take advantage of that sale.
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #31
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #32
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #33
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #34
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #35
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #36
Thanos: The Infinity Siblings
The Wicked + The Divine TPB Vol 4

Marvel Unlimited
Dare Devil 27
Doctor Aphra 13
Weapon X 9
Uncanny Avengers 28
The Defenders 6

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:30:19 PM »

No Action Comics #1,000?

How dare you sir!  Wink Even I, the one that is about as low on Supes as any character out there, have plans on lapping that book up like a dehydrated labrador that just found his water bowl.
(Real world situation going on behind me)
 Cheesy Cheesy

I haven't gone through the other publishers yet, so I am sure there is something there I need to read or catch up (most assuredly catch up on), but I am going to TRY and get through at least -

Action Comics #1000 ...  *cough*like any decent comic reader*cough*  Cheesy Cheesy (I may even buy the print version) Shocked
Superman #45
Batman #45
Mister Miracle #7
Mister Miracle #8
Justice League #41
Justice League #42
Justice League #43

Amazing Spider-Man #799
Avengers #689
Exiles #1
Infinity Countdown #1
Infinity Countdown #2

and whatever old series I get sidetracked on this week
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:12:51 PM »

No Action Comics #1,000?

Oh it's pre-ordered - just hadn't hit at the time I was making my list.   Grin

I'm gonna hit all my DC reading next week which includes Action 1000, Aquaman 35, Batman 45, Justice League 43, Mister Miracle 8, and Super Sons 15 - plus whatever comes out next week.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »

That makes sense!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 03:07:53 PM »

Perry - no Black Hammer? 

I'll pick it up next month after the price drops on ComiXolgy but you normally get it the day it comes out.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 05:54:08 PM »

Perry - no Black Hammer?  

I'll pick it up next month after the price drops on ComiXolgy but you normally get it the day it comes out.

At the time, I hadn't gone through them yet  Smiley

I haven't gone through the other publishers yet, so I am sure there is something there I need to read ...

But I did forget it was coming out today, so thanks
 Cool

EDIT - Hope that didn't sound harsh.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:57:47 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 08:49:51 PM »

No harsher than me, my friend.   Cheesy

I like picking on people so I have to enjoy getting picked on myself.  He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 08:50:22 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 02:18:54 AM »

Had to add Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #37 as it was the last issue of that arc.  Such a great series.

ComiXology
Jessica Jones: Alias TPB Vol 4
Astro City 1
Astro City 2
Astro City 3
Astro City 4
Astro City 5
Astro City 6
Pilot Season: The Core 1
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 1
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #31
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #32
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #33
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #34
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #35
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #36
ADD:  Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #37

Thanos: The Infinity Siblings
The Wicked + The Divine TPB Vol 4

Marvel Unlimited
Dare Devil 27
Doctor Aphra 13
Weapon X 9
Uncanny Avengers 28
The Defenders 6

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 09:44:59 AM »

Had to add Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #37 as it was the last issue of that arc.  Such a great series.

Yeah, I know I liked it back in the day, but never finished it. I need to, of course, but ... yaah, it's just sitting there, on the list, waiting.
 Sad

In-fact, I don't think I even finished reading his ECHO  Shocked

Or, oh man, what was I ... I don't think ... no, I didn't finish reading Rachel Rising yet either Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

What am I doing?? How is Motor Girl, a comic that was good, but certainly the ... least favorite of all of these titles, the ONLY book of his I have finished reading? What the Hell, Perry?
 Angry

I need to get myself organized and prioritized
 Cry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 02:49:46 PM »

If you were a ComiXology Unlimited member you could read almost all of Rachel Rising for free.  Just saying.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 05:37:25 PM »

Grin
Sad thing is I got it. In fact I have it and Echo in the hardcover sitting on my shelves right beside me (short little suckers though  Undecided) ... but I just can't believe I never finished either ... or none, counting SiP

I even started thinking about all the series I have started AND enjoyed that I have yet to finish and it is sad indeed. I think I need to take a break from a lot of current big two stuff, keep up on just the "important to their universe" books (Like Amazing, Justice League, Action, Bats, Thor, Cap ... etc  Cheesy) and spend some time finishing up some of the great (or mediocre) titles I need to finish that have been over long enough for me to have read them.

I never finished (off the top of my head):
SiP
Echo
Rachel Rising
Hellboy (nor any titles in that universe ... even though technically this series is still going on in BPRD)
Morning Glories
Invincible
Invisibles (which I just thought of when I mistyped Invincible)
Swamp Thing (Alan Moore ... which I just thought of when I thought about Morrison  Cheesy)
PAD's Hulk run
Hellblazer (Vertigo)
and I am sure there are more ... lots more ...

Not to mention the current ongoings that I really was enjoying but fell off on (as in more than 10 issues behind, at least) -
Star Wars
Saga
East of West
Daredevil
Black Science
Sex Criminals
Papergirls
Redneck
Royal City
Southern Bastards
The Wicked and the Divine
Lazarus
X-O Manowar
Uber

And that is not even counting the titles I have wanted to try buy have yet to open to the first page:
Wayward
Rat Queens
Harrow County
Manifest Destiny
,,, and I know there are more that I wanted to try, but my brain has now shut-down due to sorrow

Undecided

EDIT - I couldn't stop thinking about this list yesterday. I may have to fix this soon
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:23:18 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 08:29:06 PM »

Grin
Sad thing is I got it. In fact I have it and Echo in the hardcover sitting on my shelves right beside me (short little suckers though  Undecided) ... but I just can't believe I never finished either ... or none, counting SiP

In that case you have no excuse!  Ha, ha!  That is until we see the rest of your unread list!

I had more to type but gotta go to a meeting with the boss...I'll be back!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 05:58:59 PM »

Action Comics #1000 - Just read the first story so far
Superman #45 - Another day in the life issue which would have been cool but they keep doing it  Undecided
Batman #45 - The first two pages of this issue are ... ha ... in the words of one character, "intense"  Cheesy
Mister Miracle #7
Mister Miracle #8
Justice League #41
Justice League #42
Justice League #43
Added -
Super Sons #14
Super Sons #15
- So gonna miss this  Undecided

Amazing Spider-Man #799
Avengers #689
Exiles #1
Infinity Countdown #1
Infinity Countdown #2

Added-
Black Hammer v2: Age of Doom #1 - Is that Warren Ellis?  Grin Love the bar  Smiley
Doctor Star and the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows #2 (Black Hammer Mini) - More interested in what's coming in issue #3, but a needed issue. You have to get this to get to what I want to see  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 10:01:19 AM »

Quick update

Action Comics #1000 - EDIT - finished will discuss in DC
Superman #45
Batman #45
Mister Miracle #7
Mister Miracle #8
- Honestly, I read these back to back and they could have been the same issue.  Undecided More later.
Justice League #41
Justice League #42
Justice League #43
Super Sons #14
Super Sons #15

Added -
Hal and the GLC #40 - The story is good and it continues, but looking for end of this Zod arc
Deathstroke #29
Deathstroke #30
- Glad twenty-nine finally came around (was also looking for closure there), but issue thirty's "Deathstroke Vs Batman" was very much leaning to Deathstroke.  Smiley I know it is his title, so there had to be some of that, but the Bat in the water scene still has me a little ... well ...  Smiley And to top it off, THIS is exactly the kind of book I need to stop reading if I am ever going to start reading all those other titles I have neglected over the past few years. Not that this is a bad book, of course it isn't, but there are always tons of good books that find a way and will always find away to keep my eyes away from what I am trying to do, which is get back on some of those books that I let slip and didn't finish or I let slip by and never started.

Amazing Spider-Man #799
Avengers #689
Exiles #1
Infinity Countdown #1
Infinity Countdown #2

Black Hammer v2: Age of Doom #1 
Doctor Star and the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows #2 (Black Hammer Mini)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS