HR Boards
June 20, 2019, 01:04:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain Marvel out on DVD now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Latest Hellboy movie  (Read 309 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: April 14, 2019, 08:47:21 AM »

I liked David Harbour as HB. He was good. His HB was well in line with the character (movie, and comics-wise, at least as far as the first 4 trades I've read).

The rest of the movie is...not good.

It has none of the charm of the others (which, in itself can be fine. It's a different set of stakes for this movie).

But, it has no charm. It's vulgar to the point of grotesque in the splays of blood, murder, carnage, and death. It's...unsettling to see. Not that I have a weak stomach, but the manner to display it as such is simply gruesome, and not anything I wish to highlight my day with.

How's this for rankings? I won't purchase this movie. I won't rewatch it again if/when it comes on TBS or TNT. I won't walk out of the room if it's playing at a friends' place, but I'd rather go do something else.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:18:14 AM »

Well damn. I was hoping the trailer was .... a little .... misleading(?) to the quality and enjoyment level I could expect, but this doesn't sound like that is the case.
Bad trailer showcasing a bad movie
 Undecided
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 05:21:44 PM »

Sounds like I'll be skipping it.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 03:12:09 AM »

Hey Jimmy, do you agree with THESE sentiments as to why it was so bad?
(about 11 minutes long)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS