HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 07:09:42 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best X-Men Team  (Read 4294 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 25, 2018, 08:01:53 PM »

Spinning out of my Best Titans thread I started thinking about who would be on my favorite X-Men team?

I have a lot of favorite characters in this group but would love to see it trimmed down to only one official "X-Men" team with two ancillary teams.

Uncanny X-Men
Charles Xavier
Wolverine
Jean Grey (Original)
Storm
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Rogue
Gambit
Psylocke
Havok
Dazzler
Jubilee (non-vampire)
Bishop
Armour
Kid Omega (Quentin Quire)
Chamber
Franklin Richards (a teen version - he's never been an X-Man but I'v always thought he'd be great here)

X-Factor
Multiple Man
Layla Miller
Strong Guy
Wolfsbane
Longshot
Siryn
Monet

X-Force
Cable
Hope Summers
Shatterstar
Cannonball
Husk
Warpath
Domino
X-23
Fantomex

I'd put Beast back on the Avengers and Iceman & Archangel together on some new team consisting of non-X-Men.

I'd have Cyclops, Rachel Summers, Forge, Marrow, Warlock, and Rictor cameo in all the books for single story arcs but not part of any team.  I would also annul the Cyclops/Jean Grey marriage and free these two up for better stories.

Emma I would put back in the Hellfire Club and take the Stepford Cuckoos with her.  They'd be great villains with the Cuckoo's being conflicted from good to bad.

As for Uncanny - I know that's a lot of members on the team but I would treat this similar to the Legion of Super-Heroes rotating characters for small story arcs and only bringing in everyone for a big event - event that is contained within the single title and only using these 17 characters.  I might also drop Jubilee down to X-Force or X-Factor - not sure.  Would also love to see what Hickman could do with this cast.

Did I miss any of your favorites?  Anyone I like that you'd ditch?  What would your roster look like?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:18:34 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 10:21:11 PM »

I personally like the X-Men small and with no other teams running about, just one small team of maybe 7 or 8 being The Uncanny X-Men

And that team being:
Xavier - at base only
Cyclops
Jean
Storm
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Colossus
and then two controversial picks
Havok
and
Fantomex ... Just always liked this guys look.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 09:42:40 PM »

I'm liking your lists. I'm not a big X-Man dude, but I'll give it a shot.

X-Men
Storm (leader)
Gentle
Firestorm
Iceman
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Kitty Pryde
Northstar

X-Force
Forge (leader)
Boom-Boom
Dazzler
Ricochet (from Slingers)
Whirlwind (working through a Thunderbolt type program)

Avengers Unity Squad
Scarlet Witch (leader)
Vision
Beast
Wonder Man
Rogue
Quicksilver
Wasp
Justice
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS