HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:24:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel Star Wars Line  (Read 9071 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 17, 2018, 01:47:07 AM »

Is anyone here still reading any of these?

I’m thinking of dropping them and wanted to see if anyone else has.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 01:29:58 PM »

Still getting all of them, on sale, save Poe which I gave up on at issue ... 3 I think (but it was canceled at #25 or so anyway).
However, the only one I am actively reading, well as "actively" as I read anything that is  Grin would be Dr. Aphra. Really enjoy her character and her stories with the evil Chewbacca and the even more vile versions of C-3PO and R2
 Grin
She is much like a female Han Solo.

I do plan on reading the rest one day, starting with Darth Vader v2, but we will see how that goes.

But hey, if you are not enjoying them, drop em!  Smiley You should never support what you don't enjoy ... although I know that is easier said than done with some things. Man do I know.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 06:14:31 PM »

I’m with you on Doctor Aphra.  That is just a great book.

Darth Vader v2 takes place right after he becomes Vader.  It’s not bad but not real interesting either.  The others, yeah, I’m done for now.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 01:19:05 PM »

I quit all of them when Vader hit 25 in the first volume. Considering I've been reading all the books and comics for 25 years before this, this just all feels like a retread. Just uninterested is my angle.*shrugs*

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:16:21 PM »

Looks like I was wrong about Poe ending at #25 (I could have sworn I saw that on the cover ... or something to that effect.)
Oh well, Doesn't affect anyone here anyway.
 Grin

And you didn't like Dr Aphra or Thrawn Jimmy? I know the latter just hit and the DH stuff may still weigh heavy on you, but I sure thought you would give him a shot once it hit MU.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS