HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:06:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, March 14, 2018  (Read 3903 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 14, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »

Getting behind again on my comics.  Trying to catch up!

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 5
Hawkeye 9
Hawkeye 10
Generations: Hawkeye & Hawkeye
Infamous Ironman 11
Inhumans: Once and Future Kings 1
Inhumans: Once and Future Kings 2
Royals 6
Black Bolt 5
All-New Guardians of the Galaxy 8
All-New Guardians of the Galaxy 9
Thanos 10

ComiXolgy
Jessica Jones: Alias TPB Vol3
Bloodshot Salvation 3
Bloodshot Salvation 4
Kingsman: The Red Diamond 6
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #7
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #8
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #9
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #10
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #11
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #12
Thief of Thieves TPB Vol 4
Walking Dead 176
War Mother 4
The Wicked + The Divine TPB Vol 2
Wonderland 13
Wonderland 14
Wonderland 15

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 10:01:42 PM »

What are comics?

Lips sealed Cry Cry Cry

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »

Flash #42
Wonder Woman #41, 42 (apparently I missed a month)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 01:53:54 PM »

Royals 6

Didn't enjoy this as much as I could have had the art been just a little bit, just a small particle, better

Black Bolt 5

This was/is good. Ends at #12 so if you enjoy hang on, if not, jump now  Grin

Thanos 10

This was good (it is Lemire so that is almost a given for me), but just wait until #13 when Donny Cates starts writing. So good

Bloodshot Salvation 3
Bloodshot Salvation 4

So glad I caught up on this series. It drags a tad here and there (only so much as 8 issues could have been 7 issues, but again, Jeff Lemire doing his 'thang'

Didn't think you would dig this title. I really like it but for some reason, and not the 'obvious' one some may think, I just didn't think you would like it.
Of course I say that only having read the first 4 issues myself  Grin Another one of those Image titles that I enjoyed the first few issue so much that I "gotta catch 'em all" to read in a large chunk one day, but wonder when that day will ever arrive.
 Cheesy
So far all my Brian K. Vaughan, Jeff Lemire, Hickman and Remender titles (ya know, all the writers I really, really enjoy) are books I have just waiting for my eyes to gaze upon their greatness. Not to mention many other Image titles I want to read.
 Embarrassed Embarrassed

As for my reading so far this week (and it may be all I read as this kitchen remodel is kicking my ass!!!!) -

Dr. Strange Damnation #2
Dr. Strange #387
- Yes, yes, some are railing against this, but I am enjoying the heck out of this. Good Strange arc.
Punisher Platoon #1 - A good beginning to the 6 issue mini, but maybe too much military jargon for some? Maybe?
Avengers #684 - Oh and I thought Jimmy would hate this book before?!?! His head may explode if he reads this.  Cheesy Cheesy Wink I am not a fan, per se, but I like where it is heading ...
with a Hulk horror title
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 01:56:38 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 10:25:14 PM »

Didn't think you would dig this title. I really like it but for some reason, and not the 'obvious' one some may think, I just didn't think you would like it.
Of course I say that only having read the first 4 issues myself  Grin Another one of those Image titles that I enjoyed the first few issue so much that I "gotta catch 'em all" to read in a large chunk one day, but wonder when that day will ever arrive.
 Cheesy

Still not sure if I like it or not after the first trade so I figured I’d go ahead and try the second volume.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 12:49:32 AM »

Cheesy

Still not sure if I like it or not after the first trade so I figured I’d go ahead and try the second volume.

It helps if you have a knowledge of various religions of the past and their "Gods", as some of the names here, well, the stuff goes pretty deep into lore and for me, it was easier to enjoy when I knew the "character" already, IE how this "God" will react or act to situations based on what they are "the God of" ... If you get me.
 Grin
I love me some myth, but I still had to look up most of these characters as some of them are pretty, I don't want to say obscure, so I will just say they were not known to me, originally.
 Grin
It is pretty easy to guess how Bacchus would react to certain things for example  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 06:25:43 PM »

Slow Moving.  It's time to chop off titles that I'm just reading out of habit and not enjoyment.

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 5
Hawkeye 9
Hawkeye 10

Infamous Ironman 11
Royals 6
  - Decided to drop Royals and not start Inhumans.  Just not enough time to keep up with everything.
Black Bolt 5
Thanos 10

ComiXolgy
Bloodshot Salvation 3
Bloodshot Salvation 4

Walking Dead 176
War Mother 4
Wonderland 13
Wonderland 14
Wonderland 15
  - Chopping Wonderland.  I'm just trying to finish b/c I have them and really the wonder has died.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 02:18:41 PM »

I thought I'd do better than this but all well.  Still got quite a bit read.

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 5
Hawkeye 9
Hawkeye 10
Infamous Ironman 11

Royals 6
  - Decided to drop Royals and not start Inhumans.  Just not enough time to keep up with everything.
Black Bolt 5
Thanos 10

ComiXolgy
Bloodshot Salvation 3
Bloodshot Salvation 4

Walking Dead 176
War Mother 4
Wonderland 13
Wonderland 14
Wonderland 15
  - Chopping Wonderland.  I'm just trying to finish b/c I have them and really the wonder has died.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS