HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:22:42 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NHL - Hockey!  (Read 32020 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 10:54:31 PM »

I've always liked the Bruins, just because they are Original 6. And they're keeping old man Chara around still!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2018, 04:01:32 PM »

good comeback for the Bs yesterday, just not enough to take the Flyers in OT.  Good Game though and i will certainly take the point.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2018, 02:20:21 AM »

Hot Cha that was needed though!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2018, 03:56:00 PM »

Sorry to hear the Stars are mathamatically eliminated from the playoff.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2018, 08:21:02 PM »

Sorry to hear the Stars are mathamatically eliminated from the playoff.

Yeah dangit!  But we did it to ourselves with all those losses in a row.  It's Hitch's first year back as head coach so I'm willing to give him some time.  I will say they were vastly improved from last year.  The fact that we were even thinking we'd make the playoffs is a lot of progress!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2018, 03:41:09 AM »

That's too bad Jeff. They had a decent record with a good amount of points scored.

Damn Flyers couldn't clinch a playoff spot with a win tonight! Flyers, you suck!

(just my Philly showing)

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 06:19:28 PM »

a few losses down the stretch dropped the B's to 2nd and have to face the 3rd place Maple Leafs in round 1.

i do not understand how playoff matches line up...i always though it was like football...top team plays last, 2nd plays 7th, etc.  guess not in the NHL
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 06:40:35 PM »

a few losses down the stretch dropped the B's to 2nd and have to face the 3rd place Maple Leafs in round 1.

i do not understand how playoff matches line up...i always though it was like football...top team plays last, 2nd plays 7th, etc.  guess not in the NHL

I thought the same thing, Wringer.  I went ahead and looked it up and found this.  Now it makes sense.

"16 teams will qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The format is a set bracket that is largely division-based with wild cards. The top three teams in each division will make up the first 12 teams in the playoffs. The remaining four spots will be filled by the next two highest-placed finishers in each conference, based on regular-season record and regardless of division. It is possible for one division in each conference to send five teams to the postseason while the other sends just three. In the First Round, the division winner with the best record in each conference will be matched against the wild-card team with the lesser record; the wild card team with the better record will play the other division winner. The teams finishing second and third in each division will meet in the First Round within the bracket headed by their respective division winners. First-round winners within each bracket play one another in the Second Round to determine the four participants in the Conference Finals. Home-ice advantage through the first two rounds goes to the team that placed higher in the regular-season standings. In the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final, home-ice advantage goes to the team that had the better regular-season record -- regardless of the teams' final standing in their respective divisions"

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2018, 12:50:26 AM »

Flyers only lost by a touchdown. Cry

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2018, 01:15:08 AM »

Suck that Penguins! **** YOU, CROSBY YOU ****ING  **** !!!! BWA HA HA

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2018, 03:03:08 PM »

Like, I know the Flyers are going to be bounced from the playoffs. But man, could you at least try? Like, you lose 3-1 or 4-2, okay that's an effort. 7-0 and 5-1? C'mon that's terrible play.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2018, 03:04:27 PM »

Like, I know the Flyers are going to be bounced from the playoffs. But man, could you at least try? Like, you lose 3-1 or 4-2, okay that's an effort. 7-0 and 5-1? C'mon that's terrible play.

OUCH!  That is not good!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2018, 02:39:00 AM »

Sorry Wringer 'bout them Bruins!

I think I've always pulled for the Predators before; maybe they are my team?

Then again, man, the Caps finally made the Finals past the Penguins!

Then again, I do like the story of Vegas.

All in all...great hockey!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2018, 01:15:04 AM »

Stanley Cup Game 5

Will the Capitals Win it all tonight?  I hope not.  I’m pulling for Vegas.  They won me over.  Plus they have the most ridiculous pre-game in NHL history.  It’s so Vegas.  All it’s missing are the strippers.

Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2018, 02:21:03 AM »

I love the Vegas pregame. However I'm rooting for the Capitals. Ovechkin is just my kind of hockey player.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS