HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:00:40 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The New Mutants by Abnett & Lanning  (Read 5047 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 24, 2019, 12:17:32 AM »

I saw this TPB release on ComiXology today:

New Mutants by Abnett & Lanning: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
Collects New Mutants (2009) #25-37, Journey Into Mystery (2011) #632.

Their powers are in their DNA — so who better to write them than Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning! The New Mutants have a new agenda. Cyclops is sick of unfinished business coming back to haunt the X-Men, so he’s tasking the New Mutants to finish it. Their first mission: Find Nate “X-Man” Grey! But when Schism tears apart mutantkind, Cannonball, Sunspot, Magma, Cypher, Warlock, Karma and Dani Moonstar must all make life-defining choices. Who stays, and who leaves? Meanwhile, Blink is back, and mayhem and destruction follow wherever she goes! As Dani seeks to bring Blink out of exile, Mephisto lurks in the background — and with her soul in the balance, will Amara go on a date with the devil?

------------

I can't remember if I knew they wrote this back in the day or if I even read it.  I looked it up on Marvel Unlimited and of course they have all the issues in the Trade and then some so I added them to my list.

Does anyone remember this?  Was it any good?  I have higher hopes since they both wrote it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 03:57:11 PM »

Sorry, I can't remember it, but like you said, if they both wrote it there is a higher chance it will be good
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 02:18:09 PM »

If I remember this, this is the run that the original team took over for the other Young Mutants that DnA was writing at the time; the team with Rockslide? That Young Mutants/New Mutants run of theirs was very good. I just...can't remember this stuff though!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 04:16:44 PM »

I just want to know why Master Splinter (lower right) is on the team
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Also, I don't think you can lose with this Jeff. Not hat I remember anything whatsoever about it, but it does appear to have Warlock (the mutant one) in it and I don't remember having a bad time when I read stories featuring him
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »

Thanks guys. 

Yeah I figure I can’t lose with A&L AND reading it for free!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS