HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 10:29:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CW's Black Lightning  (Read 6195 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 04, 2018, 10:18:30 PM »

Kinda surprised that no one else has started a thread.

Are you watching? Yes? No?

The premiere episode is a bit heavy on the thug stereotype but the characters are actually intense and interesting. LOVE the Pierce daughters and ready for them as Thunder and Lightning (not the Teen Titan characters).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 08:19:15 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 02:25:17 AM »

Can't wait to start this on my app!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 05:15:54 AM »

I haven’t had a chance to start this yet but I’m hearing a lot of good reviews from friends.  Sounds like a winner.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 01:31:19 AM »

Hasn't had a new episode since April.
No season finale. And yet, renewed for a second season?!?!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 01:52:32 PM »

From what I can tell they only planned 13 episodes and that last one in April was #13.  They must not have planned a big finale in case they got picked up for a season 2? 

I can't really say since I haven't watched it yet.  But it's on the ever growing list!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 08:18:54 PM »

Don't laugh but my daughter just realized that Black Lightning is black  Shocked She and I binged the first two seasons so far and will continue next weekend. I didn't realize the references to Markovia and the Outsiders.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 02:02:49 AM »

Is it any good?  I never started it as I just didn’t have the time to get to it.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 07:19:57 PM »

Is it any good?  I never started it as I just didn’t have the time to get to it.

It's decent but plays heavy on stereotypes of POC. I am hoping to see more metahuman villains.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS