HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:49:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeah. I'm BACK!  (Read 16660 times)
Rich
HR Celestial

« on: February 02, 2018, 03:48:31 PM »

Been gone a looooong time.  Forgot my password, had a kid, got divorced, got married again...all of which kept me away.  Jeff was kind enough to re-set my password so I can harass you guys again after all these years.  So...how you guys been?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 04:56:34 PM »

Welcome back Rich - It has been a loooooong time!  Your account showed your last login was 2012!   Shocked

Congrats on the kid!  Sorry about the divorce(?).  Congrats on getting married!  That's a lot of stuff to have happen!

Glad to have you back on the Realm.  You'll see the same crew is still here, talking comics and movies and sports as usual.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 06:23:08 PM »

Glad to see you went and did it and got back on again Rich!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 06:29:52 PM »

Welcome back Rich.
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 06:35:13 PM »

Thanks guys!  It’s like coming home.  Wink
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 10:30:21 PM »

Missed ya, big man!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 02:41:06 PM »

Hey Rich!!
Yes, Welcome back!!!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 01:38:01 AM »

How's it going, gents?
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 05:07:40 PM »

Doing pretty well for an old fart...

Daughter about to graduate college
Son completing his Freshmen yr after joining the Army reserves
The wife and i are empty nesters
Recently moved to Texas (just outside Frisco) due to job location change from Arkansas (had a 8yr layover Wink )
listening to a lot of vinyl...love the crackle
and reading mostly digital
Turned 50 yesterday.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 05:56:18 PM »

Turned 50 yesterday.

Happy Birthday Wringer!  And welcome to the club.  I hit that land mark last September.  Have you got the AARP card in the mail yet?   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 06:08:06 PM »

How's it going, gents?

As for me since you were last here - officially adopted a daughter when she was six years old (She'll be 11 next month).  Been her guardian since she was three.  The company I worked for (Dell) sold my division to NTT Data so I've changed companies without changing offices.  I'm in the 8th month of building a new house which should close on Feb 15.  Been living in an apartment for the past 10 months since we sold our house.  Made the full switch to Digital a few years ago and have never looked back.  The collection is in storage right now but before the move I had been slowly selling it off on eBay.  Planning on only keeping my Uncanny X-Men, New Teen Titans, and a few odds and ends.

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 06:31:28 PM »

Turned 50 yesterday.
Hey, happy birthday, man! 
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 06:34:29 PM »

How's it going, gents?

As for me since you were last here - officially adopted a daughter when she was six years old (She'll be 11 next month).  Been her guardian since she was three.  The company I worked for (Dell) sold my division to NTT Data so I've changed companies without changing offices.  I'm in the 8th month of building a new house which should close on Feb 15.  Been living in an apartment for the past 10 months since we sold our house.  Made the full switch to Digital a few years ago and have never looked back.  The collection is in storage right now but before the move I had been slowly selling it off on eBay.  Planning on only keeping my Uncanny X-Men, New Teen Titans, and a few odds and ends.
I'm mostly digital, myself--some stuff, though I still get in trades.  Not even sure why.  Maybe it just feels right?  Dunno.  Congrats on the adoption and the (impending) new house!  Exciting!
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 04:30:58 PM »

Happy birthday Wringer!

For me?

Second child born 18 days ago; baptism Saturday.

Had a stomach flu 2 days ago-vomiting and shitting my brains out from 11pm to 630 am. Suffice to say, nothing but face masks, surgical cloves, incessant hand washing and clorox wipes on all touchable surfaces. I didn't hold my newborn daughter for over 36 hours.

Only digital reading of Marvel stuff. I only buy their Mighty Thor works in trades. DC still gets my floppy monies. Haven't been able to sell on ebay for 2 years now, and man, do I want to offload some stuff!! Valiant comics I'm behind on now by ....1 year (at least!!) and I may...may move to digital on that. But again, I'm young enough that I don't want to 'ruin' my trade collection of Valiant (which is the only way I collect them).

Can't get all the cabling/wiring correct in my house to go with my digital antenna and internet only, so I've been frustrated that I can't get the cord completely cut yet!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 07:25:53 PM »

Had a stomach flu 2 days ago-vomiting and shitting my brains out from 11pm to 630 am.

Now that's an image I didn't need!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS