HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:11:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Layoffs  (Read 9267 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 26, 2018, 03:15:06 PM »

Yikes. 

I hear we are having layoffs at work this month and there's a good chance I'm on the list. It's really stressing me out - especially since I'm supposed to close on a new house on Feb 15.   Sad

Keep good thoughts that I'm not on the list!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 03:38:46 PM »

thoughts and prayers are with you
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 08:41:11 PM »

DUDE!!!
While I can't send prayers, I will certainly wish you and the family nothing but the best of luck during this time. This kinda stuff always seems to rise at the most inopportune time  Angry though I guess there is never an good time for that kind of thing.

Hope you make it past the cut, but if not I am sure an even better job is just around the corner for you. Maybe even closer to the new house.
 Wink

(call if you need anything)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 04:52:54 PM »

Good news (I think)!

I survived the cut....this time.  This was our 2nd one in two months.  I'm not going to wait for a third.  Polishing up the ole resume and I'm in the market.  If anyone knows of anyone hiring IT Managers in the Dallas area, I'm looking.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 05:04:40 PM »

OH man!

Jeff, I'm so very glad to hear this for you. And, based on my last layoff, I now know it's waaay better to be ahead of that mess instead of playing catch up. Thinking of you!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 08:21:32 PM »

Great news, my friend.  But after 2 layoffs in as many months, I think your plan is a good one.  May have to think of this current job as a temporary blessing to pay the bills until you find your next one.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 04:13:58 PM »

Well thank goodness for that.
Congrats
 Smiley  Cool

And yes, get your name out there.   Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 08:30:16 PM »

Thanks for all the well wishes gang.  Definitely a wake up moment for me!

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 06:14:31 PM »

Holy cow, Jeff!  I’m glad you made the cut.  Layoffs are freaking SCARY!
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 10:31:12 PM »

Sending prayers and good thoughts, Jeff!
Let me know how it goes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS