HR Boards
February 21, 2018, 05:28:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the latest PREVIEWS!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Valiant?  (Read 97 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 29, 2018, 02:24:27 PM »

Well I see where Valiant Entertainment has been sold. No more of the good guys keeping people like Jeff Lemire on board. I just listened to an interview with Jeff Lemire (over at 11 O'Clock Comics ... check it out HERE) and he praised the guys at Valiant for letting them (writers) have all the creative freedom they want, but now that a "movie" firm has taken control over Valiant, I just fear the entire publishing side will slide to places I don't enjoy.

I will stay on Valiant titles for as long as I can and I hope I am both wrong and worrying for nothing; that the quality of the comics will remain high, but you know how these things can go.

I will miss you Dinesh Shamdasani. A better CEO I could not have imagined
 Cry Cry
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 02:55:21 PM »

Bummer.  Sounds like it'll be moving to more a film centrist company and the comic book people are on the way out.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01/29/valiant-entertainment-chinese-investors-dmg/

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 08:57:00 PM »

Yeah, every vibe I perceive just makes me feel that the Valiant that has existed, since, what, 2009? is really going to be gone.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS