HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:16:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC give Bendis too much?  (Read 5735 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 02, 2018, 01:00:08 AM »

Click HERE to read all that is planned.

Undecided

Hope Gleason and Tomasi head over to Marvel for a few. I know Priest did, but not sure exclusively   Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:39:20 AM »

YES.

I'll try not to be hating on Bendis, but I think it's ridiculous that a new guy comes in and he gets Prime comic page real estate for Action Comics 1000.

He has had nothing to do with the Legacy or the build of the character before this moment and it gets one of the most mum landmark issues of all time? What a bunch of junk.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 04:06:48 AM »

YES.

I'll try not to be hating on Bendis, but I think it's ridiculous that a new guy comes in and he gets Prime comic page real estate for Action Comics 1000.

He has had nothing to do with the Legacy or the build of the character before this moment and it gets one of the most mum landmark issues of all time? What a bunch of junk.

Did I miss something?  The article says he’s taking over Action with issue 1001 not 1000.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:56:40 AM »

Did I miss something? 

Yes and no
 Smiley

The article says he’s taking over Action with issue 1001 not 1000.

What they don't say in that link above, for some reason, is that his first story will be in Action Comics #1000

From the Forbes article - "Bendis will contribute to Action Comics #1000 on April 18, after which DC will release his 6-issue miniseries Man of Steel starting May 30."

And the fact he is bringing over his other work ... That just bug me for some reason. Why not just take it back to Image at this point? What happens if (when) after 15 or 20 years at DC he pops back over to Marvel? Is he going to bring it all back to Marvel? It's creator owned, it should have never left Image.
~He says not knowing the actual facts on the matter  Cheesy Cheesy

Although truth be told, can anyone trust his creator owned stuff to even hit the shelves anymore? How many issues are still in limbo? How many titles left unfinished? I know things happen to make books late, but holy hell his stuff ... I mean imagine what Powers could have been he it would have came out even sporadically. But nooooo, just months without anything, then a "refocusing" on his part and a new number one and then ... yeah ... crickets again after a few issues.

I really enjoy his stuff, most of it, but there is no way in hell I would ever ... EVER ... again buy a Bendis owned comic in monthly format. Just can't trust him (or his team) to produce.

I know Jimmy is scared  Cheesy but I am kinda looking forward to Action and Superman being different tonaly. Although I am sure there will be tons of talking heads, I think I would like to see a Daily Planet focused title like he is talking about.

Also want to see how he will fit in with the big two, Johns and Snyder, over the long haul. I think it is gonna be fun to see. I know Bendis is a "team player" (no doubt), but if grand plans start to conflict ... gonna be interesting.
 Smiley

That said I wish him and the rest of DC nothing but the best and I look forward to a lot of cool shit!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 07:12:21 PM »

I haven't been this excited about a writer taking over Superman since Byrne in the 80's.  This could be epic, if BMB brings his "A" game--like early Ultimate Line/Daredevil run Bendis.  That would freaking KILL on Action/Superman.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 02:24:18 AM »

I think we can search these forums/boards for me stating that I am never buying another Superman origin story again.

The fact that's it's Bendis' reinterpretation of the whole process just makes me scowl a bit more. I will definitely not be buying this 'Man of Steel.'

I'm a little peeved that Jurgens, Gleason, and Tomasi are simply done. Just left for the curb.

Jimmy T since 2001
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 01:36:26 AM »

Is he confirmed to be doing an origin story?  I haven't seen all the press on it, just a little here and there.  It's tax season, so I'm hella busy right now! 
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »

A definite origin story <again>. Much like Byrne doing the 'Man of Steel' mini series after Crisis in 86', Bendis gets to do the same thing here.

I will check out his normal monthly book once that gets going, but I did read something along the lines of making sure Superman's creators' Jewish history is used more with the character...so make of that what you will!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS