HR Boards
November 15, 2018, 07:20:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Halloween in theaters Now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TITANS  (Read 2423 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 12:10:17 PM »

Maybe my expectations were sufficiently low enough that its hitting me better.  If it only goes up from here I think
Ill be in for awhile.

It certainly goes up with episode #3. I was really pulled back in hard after that episode and was looking forward to, hell, excited about seeing the Doom Patrol in episode 4, but that was when I fell back down again. Not that it was terrible, but I don't know, just not worth paying for on a monthly basis I guess. Once they get their comic service right and I pay by the year, I will certainly watch the entire run, but I am not willing to throw out another $8 just for the Titans show.

But then again, now that Comixology no-longer has the Manhunter issues that I need on-sale for under a buck (they are now back to $1.99), I may sign back up just to read those. I mean, I need I will have to buy at least, at LEAST 2 issues of Manhunter most likely, so $4 for just those or $8 for those, the Titans show, plus whatever else I can start (and hopefully finish) in a month? Hmmmmm? Maybe?

My one complaint is the over use of the F word.  Really unnecessary and detracts from the characters.

Agree. And I love the F Bomb. Love it.  Cheesy When it fits the scene ... or more to the point, when it fits the scenery.
Not really bothered over by "Robin" saying it that once in episode 1, it just didn't hurt my feelings or my ears, but what I want to hear and what I need to hear in Sapranos is not what I want or need to hear in Titans. The world is different. Heck, it even sounds kinda weird when I hear it Daredevil, and I should hear it a lot there (New York crime and all) but here it just seems out of place, even when the "bad guys" say it. Odd, but a fact.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 12:36:48 PM »

My one complaint is the over use of the F word.  Really unnecessary and detracts from the characters.

Agree. And I love the F Bomb. Love it.  Cheesy When it fits the scene ... or more to the point, when it fits the scenery.
Not really bothered over by "Robin" saying it that once in episode 1, it just didn't hurt my feelings or my ears, but what I want to hear and what I need to hear in Sapranos is not what I want or need to hear in Titans. The world is different. Heck, it even sounds kinda weird when I hear it Daredevil, and I should hear it a lot there (New York crime and all) but here it just seems out of place, even when the "bad guys" say it. Odd, but a fact.

You are spot on there.  I can hear it all day long in Saprano's and not blink an eye.  And Robin's use of it in the first episode was made sense for setting up his angst.  Seemed to have a point.  But the rest just feels awkward.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 11:17:14 AM »

Episodes 3 & 4

Enjoyed both of these episodes.  The Doom Patrol looked a little campy but I think they pulled it off.  For me Raven really draws you in.  Shes doing a great job.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2018, 11:33:33 AM »

Watched episode #5 and yeah, I don't think I will miss the show too much.
It is what it is, a decent show, that did get better from it's horrible episode two debacle, but nothing that I would pay $8 a month for ... at least not yet.

Once DC gets the comics in order, stops pulling down from the site, or the Swamp Thing series starts (which ever comes first  Smiley)  I shall revisit that ideology  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS