HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:21:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spider-Woman  (Read 4740 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« on: December 02, 2017, 05:59:48 PM »

did anyone read the most recent series by Denis Hopeless?  you know...SW w Child

if not you might want to give it a try...its runs about 20 issues and you can skip the spider-gwen/silk x-over (not bad but not essential to her storyline other than some angst from being trapped in another universe and while her baby is in hers).  The CW issues were even pretty good.

nothing really groundbreaking about the run but it is good fun, has some excellent Ben Urich and i thought the final arc vs Hobgoblin was great.

I've liked most of what i've read from Hopeless...his New X-Men was decent as was his run on Laura (X23)...i loved his debut Avengers Arena...the hunger game send-up with teen heroes.  It got a lot of flack before it was released but the actual story and character development (only to kill them off in some cases) was very good...if you havent read it and have the time you might want to give it a shot.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 09:02:09 PM »

I loved this series!! I was so incredibly heart broken to have read that last issue! What a great written series with, nothing but heart, hope and love behind everything!! So very good!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 01:38:22 AM »

Yep, twas a good one

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 02:10:53 PM »

Make that 4.  Loved it too.  Lots of fun.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS