HR Boards
December 16, 2017, 01:42:30 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Secret Empire begins on Unlimited (issue 0 and Cap 16)  (Read 120 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 28, 2017, 09:50:29 AM »

It has now arrived on Unlimited.

I'm already event-fatigued from it.

If CWII didn't make you feel awful about all your heroes and the Marvel world storytelling, well, SE has already set the stage for a dystopian totalitarian dictatorship bereft of hope and joy and good guys fighting bad guys.

This has truly already gone on too long for the year it's taken to get here. And now it's 10 more issues of this, a glut of tie ins and crossover interjections of regular titles?

Just no. Where as I had pure disdain for the continuing story of CWII and it's boneheaded hammered issues that forced characters into molds to suit the story points, SE just seems to make me go 'naw, I think I'll just drop stuff for a while.'

I simply just don't want to read this! That's how I feel. I don't want to read *this* Marvel at all.
*yes, exclusions apply. they always do. the entire line is not garbage, but the brand certainly is

There is no other works, except for Thor, that I will buy for myself and share with others.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:29:56 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 06:28:18 AM »

Issue 1;

well, Spencer certainly does try and go all out. Unfortunately, the most I feel from reading this is depression, discontent, and sadness-sadness that this is again where Marvel decided to put their world 8 months after Civil War II. This could have been contained/constrained to Cap's books only, but no, you decided to wreak havoc all over your entire line.

I joke not that I think I could drop my Unlimited subscription and pick it up in 7 months again when Legacy starts. This stuff leaves me so burnt out and ruined reading it, that I don't have hope or belief in these 'heroes' at all anymore.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 09:09:32 PM »

I've read up through issue 3 of the main, but my quick (so very quick!! Sad ) thoughts are this:

I'm not reading a single tie-in. No, I don't just mean the tie-in mini series, I mean the individual character issues that are tied into the main.

Just read the Cap Sam issue....it took 5 panels from issue 3 and expanded it out to 22 pages. Yawn.
The Doctor Strange was simply unreadable to me.
The latest Cap Steve issue...with the reporter getting locked away...is so downright miserable to read (meaning, how it makes me feel in reading the issue; miserable) that I simply don't want to continue with it.

So! If it's branded with Secret Empire, and it's not the next issue of the main, I think I'm skipping. Big, broad strokes here, I know. We'll see if I follow it. Grin

I can handle reading through the main. Everything else? Just no. NO thank you at all!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »

I can suggest skipping it all, entirely, honestly.

There is some good stuff there, there is some bad stuff there and there is piles and piles of over-reaction stuff there as well.

Just read the last issue and move on I say.

Well no, there is something that happens in the second to last ... or was it third to last? ... anyway, there is something there that happens that leads to some current stuff, but really, nothing else "world changing" anyway.

Was it better than CWII ... yes. Miles better? No (and that is not a Miles Morales reference)
 Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS